047 | SUGAWARA KOUSHI

one shot is titled— SOULMATE

one shot is titledSOULMATE

The welcome scent of the coffee wafts through the air, calling your weary legs to take a rest. A metallic table reflects the sun, almost blinding you for a second as you took a seat and waited for your boyfriend. Calling for a waitress, as you were deeply needing caffeine.

The waitress teeters over you in a mini skirt and a top that leaves nothing to the imagination. Her heels are so impractical for someone to be on their feet for the whole day, but you know they make her legs look astonishing. You took solace in the fact that the waitress' feet will be aching later, as her are now. She gives you a forced smile, and pulls a pencil from behind her ear, and goes to the routine questions for every customers that she asks. She chews her gum obstreperous between word. You place your order and sighs deeply.

When your coffee arrived, you thank the waitress and blow the steam. You take a sip of the burning liquid, quickly placing the coffee back to the metallic table to ask for water the scalding fire that left your tongue. A new waitress approaches you with lukewarm water. You nod and thank the kind waitress.

You check the time on your phone, seeing that your boyfriend is unusually late. The bell rings cheerfully as a familiar man enters the cafe. You smile light-heartedly, waving your hands in the air to grab his attention. Your boyfriend looks around, trying to find you but he couldn't. when he turns around, he sees you, waving your hands frantically at him.

He trudges up to you, carrying his phone in his hands. "Hey," he greets, sitting down on the beige couch. "How's work?" He asks, sipping on the coffee you ordered for him.

"It's fine, the same as usual."

The man nodds, placing down his phone on the table. The both of you usually meet up in this cafe because it is closer to your workplaces and you can always have lunch in the shop. Your boyfriend's phone lights up, signalling that a text has come. His face resembled a child who got candy from his mother as he glimpse behind his shoulders and and turns to look at you again.

The bell once again rings, revealing a beautiful girl wearing a crop top and black skater skirt, with jewerly around her neck and wrists. With no shame, the girl who just arrived places a chaste kiss on your boyfriend's cheek. You can feel the anger deep within your brain, wanting to slap the two but you restrained yourself from making unnecessary violence against them.

"(F/n), please don't be mad but," he starts and places a hand on top of yours. "She's my soulmate."

Your expression grew priceless, guffaws leaving your mouth, the people around you looking.

"Oh my. I'm sorry to have caused you trouble. I must go," you apologise monotonously, picking up the still burning coffee and your purse, standing straight and ignore his calls. You grip the golden handle on the glass frame, take a step outside the structure, the cold air that once hugged you disappeared. Your phone rings as you take out the mobile inside the bag and place the phone near your ear.

A smile replace your features. Nodding frantically, you called a cab.

A few years later, you returnto the cafe you last visited years ago. Gripping the now silver handle, you gaze at the unfamiliar furnitures inside and new barista's and waitresses serving the customers. Your eyes spot an empty seat in the middle of the cafe. You sauntered to the empty seat and sit down, crossing your left leg over your right.

You call for a waitress who kindly takes your order in which she replies that the drink will arrive after 5 minutes. You give her your friendliest smile and nod. The waitress staggers to the barista who tells her to walk slowly.

Birds swoop in from every direction, anticipating for a stray crumb to feast on. The pavements are covered with squabbling, pecking pigeons. They argued over the smallest speck of food. Children run towards them, squealing with pleasure as they scrambled in the air, leaving their treasure behind. The sound of traffic and the delivery men empty their cargo without a care. You absentmindedly think of what to do during your vacation back in Japan when the bell rings gleefully, enters a couple fighting over the smallest things.

Your former lover carries a child on his neck while his soulmate walks past them, finding a seat for three. You slip on your headphones which was given by Michael, the friend you made in Germany. He grumbles before trudging over to his wife, his child sleeping soundly on his neck.

"Waitress!" Shs calls out demandingly, their table still filled with coffee cups. A waitress approaches them and apologises for not cleaning the empty table earlier. The waitress runs off, a tray in hand which is full of coffee cups.

A waitress places down your coffee, as you open one eye to stare at the hot coffee. You sit straight, blowing the steam off and sip slowly to avoid your tongue burning. You completely remove your headphones off, which now rests on you neck and take a piece of your cinnamon roll.

The people behind you are loud, obviously fighting about their financial problems when you start to get annoyed. With an arched eyebrow, you turn around with a scowl on your features. You notice their child slowly stirring awake because of their arguement.

"Can you please tone it down? Your child is sleeping," You requested, your index finger pressed against your lips, a gesture for silence.

You former boyfriend's eyes widens in shock, seeing his old girlfriend to be more beautiful than ever, your face covered in light makeup as you sported more feminine clothes than you used to wear years ago.

"It's none of your business," his soulmate seethes, eyeing you up and down.

"Very well then," you nod curtly, and slip on your headphones again, drowning yourself in your own music.

"(F/n)!" he calls out to you, but you can't hear him, due to the headphones.

"So she's your ex-girlfriend who you still love until now, huh?"

As if on cue, Sugawara enters the cafe, wanting to rest his legs from walking too much around Tokyo. He glances at the middle of the cafe and sees a girl that made his heart pound. So that is why he is tempted to enter a cafe after a long tour. He chuckles when he remembers the daily announcement on symptoms when you find your soulmate.

"This is government official 6-2-9 announcement
I hereby remind you 
about how you will find your soulmate.

Firstly, eye contact makes
your body all tingly and shit."

The two of you makes eye contact. You feel your cheeks heating up, and the abnormal pound in your heart after seeing sugawara's smile.

"Hey," he sits opposite of you and takes off his glasses.

"I'm Sugawara Koushi, and I think I'm your soulmate."

"Secondly, walk up to them and show your motherfucking dazzling smile."

To say that you are shocked is an understatement. Variety of emotions swirled in your stomach. Relief, love, happiness and joy because after all these years of searching for your soulmate, he, of all people, is just in Japan?

"And lastly, if your soulmate is still in shock,
press your goddamn lips on theirs, and BAM! HAPPY ENDING IN AN INSTANT!"

REQUESTED BY ;
mochamilkshake