Part One

Lauren sighs in relief as she steps into her shared apartment and closes the door behind her. It has been a long day, to say the least.

First, she had been late to class because her phone hadn't done its job to wake her up in the morning for a reason that is beyond her. Then, because she had left in a hurry, she had forgotten the paper she was supposed to hand over in the next class, so she called upon her roommate to come and rescue her - which she did, only after Dinah Jane made Lauren promise that she would do the dishes for the rest of the week. Lauren complied, because at that point she was desperate and Dinah, being the amazing person she is, took a little advantage of the situation.

And as if that wasn't enough, one of her friends still insisted to play matchmaker with Lauren even after she had repeatedly and explicitly stated that she wasn't looking for a relationship at the time, which lead her to have a painful, boring date with some random girl this time because said friend couldn't go past the idea that maybe a woman doesn't need to be in a relationship to be happy.

To top it all up, her boss had decided to switch up all of the staff's schedules, so now she had to work a later shift. As if working in that godforsaken bar wasn't torture enough in her previous shift, when eight out of ten customers made a mission to hit on her at any given opportunity. A later shift only meant that now instead of dealing with pervs eight out of ten times, it would be ten out of ten. But it was only a part time job and it was the best she could find at the time.

Bottom line is, Lauren's done with that day already and the day isn't even over yet.

The green eyed girl dumps her bag by the door and walks over to the kitchen, opening the fridge and retrieving a water bottle from it.

She walks out of the kitchen into the living room and stops dead in her tracks, mid-sip, noticing for the first time the unfamiliar small body curled up in her sofa.

She slowly lowers the water bottle and tilts her head to the side, with a frown on her face, she looks around making sure she didn't get into someone else's apartment.

Nope. According with that ugly ass sculpture that resembled very poorly a lion that - Lauren was pretty sure - Dinah found on the garbage sitting by the TV, and one of the paintings that Lauren herself painted hanging on the wall to hide a crack that was most definitely already there before she moved in and had nothing at all to do with one of Dinah's pranks going wrong, this is definitely hers and Dinah's apartment.

And that is definitely her couch. There is a stranger lying on her couch.

"Um, hello?" She addresses the stranger not entirely sure of what to do.

The brown haired girl on the sofa shoots up sniffing and wiping at her face quickly. Lauren is confused.

"Hi." The girl barely whispers out looking up at Lauren with incredible sad, puffy eyes - they're the same color as her hair - and a red face. She's definitely been crying.

The green eyed girl wanted to ask who the hell is she but as soon as those doe eyes looked up at her green ones she didn't care who the girl was, she doesn't like to see people sad and crying, now all she wanted was for her to feel better. So instead she asks "Are you okay?"

"Oh... yeah. Don't worry," The small girl tells her weakly as she sits further back on the couch, bringing her knees to her chest and hugging her legs. "I'm sorry. I'm Dinah's friend. I just needed to talk to her but she isn't home and she said no one would be here at this time too so she told me to just wait for her in here," The girl slowly explains while drawing patterns on her jeans. "I'm sorry again."

"It's alright," Lauren, who had moved to sit on the other side of the couch while the other girl explained herself, assures her shrugging.

"I'm Lauren, Dinah's roommate." She then introduces herself.