Chapter 72: Captivity

(Y/n) stared at the sharp point of the blade that was mere inches away from striking her in the chest. She looked towards the hand that had wrapped itself around the blade, ceasing any impact with the female and tightly clinging onto the sharp end with a vice grip, causing a deep and clean cut along the joints that were unfortunate enough to make contact with the thin, ribbon of the steel. The girl stared at the scene in bewilderment and traced the hand, up the arm and towards her arbiter to look at Alex's pleading and stricken expression as he stared the female with fearful expectations and imploring eyes. The boy took the opportunity of the girl's stunned state to snatch the knife out of her grasp, causing further painful lacerations against his flesh, and was quick to restrain her movement as he secured her arms at each side of her body and put all his weight on her to stop the female from standing. The boy was momentarily immunised from the afflicted agony in his palms and fingers as his main priority was to keep the female in his arms from attempting any more self-damage.

(Y/n) remained bewildered for a split moment before her instincts took over, leading to the girl thrashing around to escape his grip and proceed with her actions. "No! Let me go, you idiot! Let me do this! Why do you have to keep ruining my happiness?!" The girl neared tears as she screamed in desperation for the male to allow her to finish the job.

Alex gravely clung onto the female as he tried to settle her to a calmer state. Amidst their struggles, the boy's frame began shaking with anger and dysphoria as he focused on the girl at hand and placed his lips to her ear in order to fully direct his concerns and confusions towards the squirming female. "You said...that every life is precious...so why? Why would you do this to me (Y/n)? If your life isn't valuable, then who's is...? Who is more valuable than you?" His voice shook with betrayal and pain, using all his strength to keep her down and soothe his own fractured mind.

"SHUT UP! I don't want to hear you anymore! You mean nothing to me! I don't care what the hell you'll feel if I'm gone! What you want, doesn't matter!" The pair continued fighting to overpower one another, soon ending the opposition with managing to keep the girl in a semi-unmoving state.

Ryo cautiously approached the unstable girl and gently bent down to sadly inspect her unsettled frame. "(Y/n)...please don't-" As he reached out to grace the girl with a gentle touch, Alex darted his eyes towards the boy's advancing movement and reflexively reacted as he shot his jaw out to bite down on the male's hand. Ryo hissed in pain and quickly retracted and held onto his bleeding palm as he sent the opposing boy an aggravated glare. "What the hell?!"

The restrainer sent the boy a cold and rabid scowl that warned the male from repeating his action again. "Don't touch her." His tone was final and blunt, showing little emotion or gentleness in its reciprocation. The pair proceeded their match of livid glares until the girl began exhibiting signs of struggling once more.

"Let me go! Why...? Why do you torture me like this...why do you want me to continue living in a nightmare...?" The female's body shook as she sorrowfully wept and sniffed as her emotions ran ramped in her head. "I'm not even allowed this little bit of relief...? I-I'm not even allowed to be in charge of what I do to myself...?" (Y/n) felt herself slipping away from her surroundings in an abyss that held meaninglessness over her existence, and as the tears she had been holding in escaped her empty eyes, she seemed defeated in her position. "I hate you! I hate you all! I wish I never got involved with any of you...! How...how could someone do this to a person they claim to love...? How can you ruin me so easily...? And even now I can't end it all? I can't make it stop?! Do you want me to continue suffering?! Do you get some sort of sick amusement from this?!"

The males empathetically watched the agonised and desolate girl as she quivered with every inhale and ineffectually tried to stop her falling droplets of pain. The girl's world seemed to flip inside her head and could barely tell between the scenes playing in her mind and the scene before her.