four

Madison sat on the couch, igniting and extinguishing a candle repeatedly in boredom.

"I told you Agnes, I feel great!" she gave the older witch a thumbs up.

"Madison, you have 4 nicotine patches on," she retorted. "Besides, you are overdue for a checkup."

"What am I gonna do? Pop into the Quarter for a quick ultrasound? Marcel thinks I left town, and if he or any of his guys see me we're all screwed," she stood up, retrieving something from a drawer.

"A lot of women would kill to have a child. It strikes me as odd that you're not taking better care of yours," Rebekah glared at the young witch, jealousy lacing her voice.

"I know a doctor out in the Bayou, off the beaten path. Now, I took the liberty of making an appointment for you. Tonight, after-hours, just us. Vampires will never get word of it."

Madison looked at Agnes for a moment, trying to decide if she had an ulterior motive or not.

"Okay, fine. Bayou-baby-doctor it is," she rolled her eyes and sat down in front of the coffee table with a silver chalice filled with beads.

Madison gave Agnes a sarcastic smile as she left, and Klaus a real one as he entered.

"Please, sister, tell me you're not still at it with the internet search. How does one begin, anyway? Just type in anonymous attic?" he taunted his sister, pouring himself a glass of scotch.

"Someone has to find Elijah, even if I have to search every bloody attic in New Orleans," Rebekah said suddenly.

"Like looking for a needle in a rather large pile of needles," Madison teased. "Look, I'm going to find him for you, not because I'm feeling nice but because I need a favour."

"I'll do anything, just find my brother. Please," Rebekah shut the laptop watched the witch pour the beads from the chalice onto the table. Madison held her hands over the beads and closed her eyes. "Is that it? Do you know where he is?"

"St. Ann's Church," she used her telekinesis to put all the beads back in the chalice.

"What kind of favour did you need?" Rebekah grinned.

"Help me find my family," Madison answered simply. "Now go get your brother back."

"Divination?" Klaus questioned. "I haven't seen that done in years. How is it you can practice magic and not get caught anyway?"

"A Supreme's magic isn't like a normal witch's magic. I guess Davina can't detect it," she shrugged. "Or maybe it's the fact that I'm technically dead."

Madison watched as a tall blonde rushed down the stairs and headed towards the door.

"Who's that?" the witch questioned.

"Camille. She's my stenographer."

The pair watched as the bartender exited the house.

"Camille," Madison repeated as if to test how it sounded. "French. My mother was French. I think. I don't remember much about her, just that she cheated on her husband, ran away, had me, and then killed herself."

"She would've been proud of you, you know," Klaus sat down on the couch next to her.

"I highly doubt that," she unconsciously leant into his side. "I wouldn't be proud of me. I mean, I'm gonna be a single teen mom, and I'm supposed to be the leader of a coven that won't listen to anyone."

"You're not going to be a single teen mother," the hybrid wrapped an arm around the young witch. "You'll have me, you will always have me."