Chapter 43 - Going Back

DK's POV

I looked into the male's eyes, glaring at them as I held his hand back from almost stabbing Hyemi. He looked at me, shocked and confused. I was confused also. Why would this man tried to kill Hyemi? Why didn't Hyemi call for help?

You might be wondering; how did I get here? After manager hyung left our dorm, I felt really bad for Hoshi. So I wanted to bring him to Jr and Hyemi's appartment, just to see her one last time but unfortunately, he was asleep and I didn't want to wake him up. I went to their appartment alone. I didn't want to knock on the door or do something to interact with them, I just want to see Hyemi.

Then, I saw Jr walking out of the appartment, looking rather frusterated. I quickly hid behind a tree. I saw him looking down his phone, trying to call someone but it seemed to fail. Who was he calling? I asked myself.

He was looking around the place, with an annoyance look plastered on his face. His eyes were scanning the place until it met mine. I froze when he saw me. He was suprised as I was. I pressed my lips in a thin line, thinking on how to run away without him noticing but that wouldn't be possible. He was staring at me, there's no way to get away from that. Wait, maybe he couldn't see me. Besides, it was dark out here. I slowly hid all of my body behind the tree, praying to god that he didn't see me.

I shut my eyes until I heard him clearing his throat. I jumped in surprised when I saw him standing right next to me. I then quickly stood up straight. "Uhmm... I-I was just..." I looked around, trying to get some answers but the only thing I could think of was the tree. "I was just admiring this tree..." I mentally slapped myself.

"Hyemi's missing," he said, completely ignored my explanation. I widened my eyes. "What do you mean she's missing?" I asked, furrowing my brows.

"I-I kinda told her everything and now I think she ran away..." he said. He looked concern, so was I. "Listen, I'm sorry about lying to Hyemi about everything but can you please help me find her? She might run into trouble."

"Why are you apologising to me? You should be saying sorry to Hyemi." I said, sounded a bit furious. He sighed and said, "I know, I know but can you please help me find her." He sounded a bit desperate about this.

Knowing that he told Hyemi about everything pleased me but at the same time fears me. It worries me. Why would she ran away? What did Jr said to her? Was it too hard to handle?

"I'll go search for her over there, while you stay here. She might come back." I said, being in charge. He nodded his head and do as I told him to do. I headed over to the streets, calling her name several times.

I stopped when I saw an abandoned building. 'Should I go search for her over there?' I asked myself. She might not be there. Besides, it was dark in there. Why would she gone of to somewhere dark? I shrugged it off and walked away until I heard someone's talking from inside the building. Curious, I went quietly inside.

I took a quick peek inside and saw Hyemi. I widened my eyes when a male was about to stab her. I quickly ran towards them and held his hand back. That's how I ended up in here.

I turned to Hyemi, who looked shock as he was. The guy quickly pushed me, causing me to fell on my back as he ran away. I groaned in pain, getting myself up. I looked at Hyemi and saw that she was looking at me too.

"What were you thinking?! Why didn't you call for help?! It was a good thing, I heard him talking. If I didn't, god knows what will happen to you." I raised my voice at her, which I regreted after I saw her flinched. I sighed, "I'm sorry.. I didn't mean to yell at you. I was just... worried."

She just stared at me like I was some kind of an alien or something.

Hyemi's POV

How come he didn't see his wings? Wait, did he? Or is it invisible towards humans? But I am a human... and I can see it.