Chapter 60 - The Knot

Bridal march song on top... ☝

The finale is dedicated to my big bro for his support. I know, bro, that you haven't read yet the second half of this book because you're too busy with your career. I can't even believe that you still tried to read this in spite of the nature of your work, that's why, I'm so grateful because you're there for me.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

~~~ CHAPTER 60 - THE KNOT ~~~

Wednesday.

My twenty-second birthday.

I woke up and there was Mommy Carol in bed with me..

I hugged the sleeping beauty and she opened her eyes.

"Darling... is it morning already?" she wondered, rubbing her eyes.

"Yup," I said.

"Oh, happy birthday!" she said, hugging me back. "My baby is now going to be a mommy!"

I laughed. "Thank you, mom, and yeah, right! I'm going to be a mom soon just like you. Hence, no more baby acting for me."

"No, you're always be my baby darling," she insisted as she played with my hair that covered my face while I lay down facing her. "And you're going to be my son's wife today. Finally, we're going to have the same name, Sarmiento. Finally, darling... and I'd like to be the first person to say it... Mrs. Althea Molina Ruiz-Sarmiento... Oh, so good, really good."

"Mrs. Althea Molina Ruiz-Sarmiento," I repeated her. "It sounds so surreal, mom..."

"No, it isn't, darling, because it's real. Very real. And I'm so happy."

Yeah, finally. If my life story were a novel or movie, I would have entitled it "Finally" after all the things that I had been through.

When I turned thirteen, I was engaged to Nigel. Today, exactly nine years later and exactly on the same date, I was to wed him. It was truly a dream come true!

"Oh," mom contemplated, "you don't know how much both you and Nigelito make me so happy... especially now that you're giving me a grandkid. I can't wait..."

Both rising up from the bed, mom and I held our hands. We embraced for a minute or two. "I love you so much, mom," I said.

"I love you, too, Althea. You're the best thing that has ever happened to me since I lost my Annie."

As I already expected, a time with Mommy Carol before my wedding would be this emotional. I loved her so much and I vowed to be the best daughter for her. I would take care of her just like how she took care of me.

At last, when we separated and about to get off from the bed, we both saw the wedding gown that was hung in the rack just in front of my bed's foot.

White strapless ballgown.

It was so perfect and so beautiful for me that it was hard for me to find the exact words to describe it. With a demure sweetheart neckline and made of dreamy English net covered with an exquisite floral lace appliqué around its bodice and bigger floral laces going downwards until the hemline, my wedding gown was just superb. It was so full and flowing that, even if I hadn't still worn it, I could already picture myself out as a princess in my wedding.

"My dream gown," I murmured. "That's absolutely a knockout, mom! I can't wait to wear it!"

♡♡♡♡♡♡

After lunch with my girls, I was made up by the country's best make-up artist. I was in my room and sitting in front of my vanity mirror. There was a nervous drumming in my heart as I looked at myself being transformed into a princess. My girls and Mommy Carol were also there with me, also preparing themselves, as I wanted them to stay with me. I was just so nervous that I wanted to feel everyone's presence.