The Kitten Has Claws [Chapter 13]

This book is available for purchase on amazon.com as an ebook.

Chapter 13

"So what you're saying is that one of you is the Vessel, but none of us know, except for Violet, who can't tell us?" Theo asked Delilah for the third time.

"Yes Theo. Raine is going to try and contact your elders to see if they know whom it is. Until then, we're supposed to keep our eyes and ears open for anything."

Theo smiled at Delilah and tucked a lock of hair behind her ear. He was so blessed to have found her, now all he had to do was ask her to be his mate. Sighing inwardly he dropped his hand and looked away. For some reason he was nervous about asking her. What if she was simply being nice to him because he had been injured? They really didn't know each other that well. He also worried that she was the Vessel. How would they deal with that? She might not want to be his mate then, and many races might not allow it.

"Theo?" Delilah asked cautiously, "Is everything ok?" His face had taken on a distant look and he was leaning away from her, as if trying to put space between them.

"Hmm?" he murmured distractedly. "Oh, yes, everything is fine. Just lost in my thoughts is all."

She frowned at him, knowing that he was partially lying to her, but didn't pursue it any further. Maybe he just didn't like her any more than a friend and was trying to be polite. Delilah brushed that thought aside; she didn't want to think about how she felt about him just yet.

Fletcher grinned when Tamsin snapped at him again, "Will you just leave me alone?" she growled angrily. He had been following her around for hours now, refusing to let her out of his sight. His excuse was that she might be the Vessel and he needed to protect her.

"I already told you, pumpkin, I can't let you out of my sight."

She rolled her eyes and scowled at him, "I'm just going to the kitchen, and no one is going to attack me there."

"Hmm...the kitchen," his eyes glinted mischievously, "I think I'm hungry too." The tone of his voice made her think he was talking about something other than food, but she chose to ignore him instead. Maybe he would leave her alone then.

"So what are you going to eat?" Fletcher asked seconds later.

Silly of her to think that he would simply leave her alone if she ignored him. Tamsin had forgotten that he was just about the most annoying person on the face of the earth. She grabbed a box of Mac and Cheese and slammed it on the counter.

Fletcher snickered and grabbed the box, waltzing over to the stove. "Give it to me," Tamsin said calmly, holding out her hand."

"I'm going to help you, pumpkin."

"No way." Tamsin fisted her hands on her hips and glared at him, "Look here, pookie, I don't like you, and frankly I think you're annoying and immature. I want to make my Mac and Cheese in silence. Without you."

"You know," he remarked thoughtfully, "you argue entirely too much. I don't think I've seen you smile at me once."

"That's because," she explained slowly as if talking to a small child, "you bring out the worst in me. Normally I'm a very happy person. However, when I'm around you I get so irritated."

"Now, now, you can't go blaming your mood swings on me. The first step to fixing a problem is acceptance."

"Ohhh!" she growled. He made her so mad! Why did he have to push all of her buttons? Damn him for being so handsome and charming one minute and then irritating and immature the next.