Chapter 100- Over Blood

My heart pounded in my ribcage as I heard the shouts of a crowd. My hands still bound behind my back and I had no idea where Daryl was.

I was pushed to my knees and the cheering of the crowd stopped.

"I failed you!" The Governors deep voice bellowed from beside me. "I promised to keep you safe, hell look at me! I'm afraid.. I'm afraid of terrorists who want what we have! Worse one of those terrorists is one of our own." The governor yelled, pausing. "He lead them here! He let them in! He betrayed us all!" The governor paused again. "The man beside him, Daryl, is Merle's brother!" The governor yelled.

My heart sank into my chest, were they going to be executed. "The woman beside me, is another terrorist! You may remember her from a while ago." The governor shouted. "Mariah Beckon! Merle and Daryl's friend!" The governor shouted before the sack was ripped off my head.

I studied my surroundings closely. Daryl and Merle stood in the centre of an arena, the people of Woodbury surrounded us.

I looked at Daryl's face, his face was filled with so much emotion. His eyes flickered to mine and I bit my lip.

That may be the last time I ever see those eyes, The Governor continued to lie to the people as I looked at the arena. To my surprise Andrea stood off near the left, trying to get to the Governor.

She had made it. Andrea was alive. I wanted to run to her, but realized I was bound.

"You wanted your brother, well now you have him." The Governor spat at Merle.

Merle and Daryl stared at each other as Woodbury soldiers dragged walkers into the arena.

They circled around Daryl and Merle as the two men stared at each other with painful eyes.

Merle stepped forward and took a swing at Daryl. Daryl took the blow to his jaw and spat to the ground.

"I will show you I'm not a traitor!l Merle screamed at the people. They cheered his rant, telling them how he choses them over blood.

Merle took another swing at Daryl but Daryl moved out of the way before quickly throwing one Merle's way.

It hit Merle weakly, barely making a impact in the man. Daryl was barely trying, he didn't want to hurt his brother.

The crowd cheered Merle on, screaming for blood. Merle took a swing at Daryl and pushed him to the walkers.

Daryl quickly bounced out of the way and shoved Merle towards the walkers.

Merle laughed it off and tackled Daryl. "DARYL!" I screamed as Merle started to beat the shit out of him.

Merle stopped for a second and whispered something to Daryl. Daryl seemed to understand and they both stood up.

They continued to fight, each brother sending blows to each others faces.

A circular object rolled into the middle of the arena and released smoke, several more followed after it.

People started to scream and flee the scene and the smoke blocked my view of Daryl and Merle.

"Daryl?!" I called out, hoping he would appear through the fog. A figure started to emerge from the fog and I assumed it was Daryl.

Instead a walker with outstretched fingers came towards me. It bared its teeth, chunks of flesh falling out as the monster trudged towards me.

I screamed and tried to stand, but it was too hard. I had no support with my hands so I had to wiggle around until I was standing.

I ran forwards into the smoke blindly, gun shots lit up one side of the smoke, the flashing made me want to recede to the opposite side.

I ran the way my gut told me and came out of the smoke. Darkness and shadows surrounded me as tried to recuperate.

I groaned and stumbled around in the darkness. "MARIAH!" Rick's voice shouted over the screams of the terrorized civilians.

"RICK! IM HERE!" I screamed, trying to follow the source of his voice. I ran down the road, Gun shots fire into the air and I followed them.

Sure enough Rick shot his python into the air, "RICK!" I yelled as I ran to him. He raced over to me and threw me over his shoulder.

"Rick I can run!" I yelled, as Rick ran towards the exit. Rick stopped and set me down.

We ran to the exit and I crawled through. Daryl and Merle stood on the perimeter, completely exhausted.

"Oh thank god." I whispered as Rick started to untie my hands. As soon as my hands were free I brought Daryl's face to mine and kissed him gently. Our lips met each others hungrily, both of us craving more of the others touch. I released Daryl and I looked to Merle.

He narrowed his eyes and looked to Daryl. "You got yourself a girl baby brother?" Merle teased, Daryl scowled and Rick grabbed my arm.

"Let's go." He whispered. I nodded and we moved towards the tree's. Daryl and Merle bickered back and fourth and we crawled through the tree's.

"Where's Maggie, Glenn, Michonne and Oscar?" I asked Rick when we were safely hidden in the trees.

"Michonne, Glenn and Maggie are at the car, we only got a little bit more to go." Rick replied.

"What about Oscar?" I ask, Rick shook his head and I looked at the ground. I was sad Oscar was gone, he offered his life to save people he didn't even know.

"Did you know Andrea's there." I said quietly, trying to take my kind off of Oscar.

Rick stopped in his tracks and turned to me. "Andrea?" He questioned, surprise filling his voice.

I nodded but Rick shook his head. "That's impossible, I saw Andrea go down at the farm." Rick muttered.

"No, no officer friendly. Blondie here is right, Andrea is alive." Merle commented from the back of the group.

Rick continued moving, in silence. We all followed.