Faceless Complications (Jaqen H'ghar x fem!reader)

When someone wanted another person killed, they wanted the Faceless Men to take care of it. When that happened, they came to you. You weren't Faceless yourself, but you made certain the Faceless Men were paid what they were owed and kept track of the names promised to the Many Faced God. Of all the Faceless Men, there was one you were particularly close to. Jaqen H'ghar. You cared for the man and you were certain that he felt the same, but since he was "no one", things were complicated.

You sighed to yourself as you thought about the red and white haired man with stunning eyes that had earned your affection. You were so consumed by your thoughts that you temporarily forgot your training and someone was able to sneak up on you. You soon felt the cool blade against your neck. "Aren't you a pretty thing?" a thick, rough voice asked. You quickly brought your elbow back, causing the man to stagger backwards and drop his knife.

You quickly picked it and jabbed at him when he lunged for you. With each stab, you prayed he would just leave, but he kept coming until you'd killed him. As he fell to the ground, you dropped the knife from your shaking hands. They were covered in the attacker's blood. Despite your occupation, you'd never killed anyone before. You walked until your back hit a wall. Not taking your eyes off the dead man, you sunk down to the ground, pulling your knees to your chest. You didn't scream or cry, you just sat, staring at the corpse.

After several minutes, you heard a familiar voice. "What has a woman done?" You picked your head up and stared at the man in front of you. He surveyed your posture and the blood all over you. "I...killed him. He attacked me..." you stuttered out, looking back over at the dead man. "Come. A man will assist a woman," Jaqen said, holding out a hand for you to take. Shaking, you slid your hand into his larger one and let him help you to your feet.

Jaqen lead you quickly through the streets of Braavos. You still couldn't speak. The guilt was nearly consuming you. You simply followed Jaqen until he lead you to where he lived. He sat you down in a chair before gathering a cloth to clean the blood from your hands. You watched his face as he worked. It was calm as always. He soon finished cleaning the blood and threw the cloth to the side. He sat down opposite you and observed your face.

"A woman has never killed before," he stated. You shook your head and felt the tears finally beginning to prick your eyes. You bit your lip in an effort to keep from crying. "A woman was provoked. She was defending herself," Jaqen told you calmly, patting your hand in a comforting way. You gave him a small smile. "Thank you, Jaqen," you whispered. He didn't reply, but returned your smile instead. "A man hopes a woman will never have to kill again."

"Believe me when I say, I hope to never have to again as well. I do not know how you do it, Jaqen," you told him truthfully. He shrugged a little and answered, "When a man is no one, it is a simple thing to do." You furrowed your brows in confusion. "Perhaps I should be no one..." you muttered, but he heard you anyway. His eyes widened and he shook his head. "A woman cannot be no one." You looked at him curiously. It wasn't like Jaqen to tell anyone they couldn't do something. "And why not?" you asked, slightly offended.

"Becauseif a woman is no one, she is not the woman this one loves," he said. Nowit was your turn to be surprised. "You...you love me?" You cursedyourself for the squeak in your voice. Jaqen chuckled. "A man thought awoman understood his feelings for her." He stood from his seat, takingyour hands in his and pulling you with him. "I didn't think you felt thesame," you whispered. He laughed again before pressing a kiss to yourforehead. "A woman is blind," he joked. You glanced up at him andbrought your lips up to his. After you kissed him, you asked, "Things justgot complicated, didn't they?" He gazed into your (e/c) eyes and replied,"It already was."6;e