Chapter 89 - Thanks For Being In The Play With Me

Saturday had finally come. We were all silently dreading it's arrival.

The ways in which I wake up differ on a daily basis. Although, this morning was new, Lin didn't blast music into my room, he didn't yell at me to get up,(he was yelling this from his bed), my alarm didn't go off, I wasn't shaken awake, Tobi didn't jump on me, and neither did Sebastian. Nope, this morning I woke up when Lin lifted me out of bed, and, using a fireman carry, brought me into the dining room, and sat me down at my usual place at the breakfast table.

"Good morning to you too." I said, once he had set me down.

"Morning Niñita." He said, yawning.

"If you don't mind my asking, why didn't you just tell me to get up? I mean, instead of just picking me up."

"It was easier this way," he said taking a sip of coffee, "I mean, no complaining, no 5 hours getting the blankets off, and you weigh like 10 pounds." He shrugged.

"You're a little off in the weight department." I smiled a little.

"By how much." He laughed a little.

"Um... 119 pounds off." I responded.

"Wait what?" He asked, he looked surprised, and I looked back with confusion, "you weigh 129 pounds?" He asked.

"Yeah, I know, I'm trying to loose weight." I admitted.

"I know you're trying to loose weight, do you think I'm blind? You're what? 5'10"?" He asked, and I nodded. "Niñita, you don't need to loose weight, at this point you need to gain weight."

"That's matter of opinion." I mumbled.

"Yeah, no it's not." I looked at him confused. "Look up height to weight charts. You're underweight." He took a large gulp out of his mug, and I started fiddling with my fingers on the table.

"Dada!!" I heard Seb running into the room, reaching up for Lin.

"Homeboy!" Lin exclaimed, standing up and picking Sebastian up. "What do you want for breakfast?" He asked, smiling.

"Raisins." Sebastian giggled.

"Ok. Come on." He held Sebastian by his waist and started for the kitchen, turning his son into an airplane.

"Dada! I wanna be a train!" I heard him yell.

"You do?" Lin asked, then got down on all fours with Sebastian, making train noises as the 2 of them crawled into the kitchen.

"Now that is the man I married." Vanessa sat down next to me with her mug of coffee. "How'd you sleep?" She asked.

"Good." I replied, "how about you?"

"Not enough. I fell asleep late last night. I was up working on something."

"What were you working on?" I asked.

"It was..." She started but was cut off by her husband.

"CHUGGINGTON!" He ran towards the TV, holding Sebastian, who was, in turn holding a bag of raisins.

"I married a 5 year old." Vanessa whispered to herself, as if she was just now realizing this.

"There's still coffee in the kitchen right?" I asked, standing up.

"Yeah." She replied, lost in thought. I walked into the kitchen, retrieved my Hamilton mug from the cabinet, and poured myself coffee, so that I too, could have energy. I dragged myself back out to the table, and sat back down.

"How do you think Lins going to take it?" I asked.

"Huh, what?" Vanessa responded, she was obviously deep in thought.