Chapter 24: Naughty

"When women go wrong, men go right after them." ― Mae West

Vicky's POV

"I was wondering if what's your decision?" he asked and I fell into silence. "Have you decided yet?" 

What am I supposed to say? I was battling with my heart and head. I knew if I'm going to agree with him, Xandrous would surely hate me. What happened to the promises I made to myself? I promised to fight for him. I promised to stay by his side until he needs me. 

What will happen to Deshawn if they find out he was lying? If they find out he was a gay. 

His family will not turn their back in case they found out he is a gay. Of course, they are family. No one helps each one other their own blood. No matter who he is, I'm sure they will understand him and accept who he is. Part of my head justifies but the other half battling with the other.

What if they will disown him? His brothers were an army. And I remember he mentions about his family as a devoted Christians and most Christians are against the gender diversity.

"Vicky? Are you still there?" Deshawn's worried voice interrupted me out of my train of thoughts. 

"Yes. I'm sorry," I replied shortly. I ran my fingers through my hair and shut my eyes as I let out a deep breath. 

Whatever will be the consequences, I hope it's not going to ruin my happiness.

.................

Xandrous' POV

"I'm glad that everything is working well, Loris. I'm afraid I can't wait for Ben, I have an important meeting in half an hour. Let him know that I'm holding this project again since my father is incapable of doing so. He needs to take a rest and watch his health." Loris nodded. There are three other men gathered behind him.  And just like him, they were wearing jumpsuits and construction helmets as they huddled together while conversing. One was holding a white blueprint and unrolled it and the two engineers were listening intently as the other was explaining and periodically pointing at the paper and across the construction site. 

"I gotta go then, Xandrous. I'll update you again whatever development in here," Loris look behind him and the three men nodded at him before he turns his face onto the screen again. We are talking through facetime.

"Alright, man," then I hit the end call.

I dialed Fred. The phone rang twice and he picks it up. "Yes, boss!" his deep voice sometimes bothers me, though I trust my Vicky not to swoon at his voice, still, I hate this man. He doesn't only have the bedroom voice, but he also has the looks. Anthony said he's the best man he could give me. I trust him so even when I disagree with his looks, I'm more than interested in his service. 

"How is she?" I asked.

"She hasn't come out, boss since this morning," he responded.

My forehead involuntarily furrowed. She hasn't responded to my text nor calls. I thought she's still sleeping so I waited, but it's almost one in the afternoon. 

"How about her parents?" 

"They just left boss to meet some friends for lunch." 

"And where are you exactly right now?" I asked.

"Just outside their door, boss. I'm their valet today, as instructed by Jaime." 

"Valet?" I sat upright. 

"Yes. I had to apply to any household position just to get close to her if you want me to watch her, boss. That's how it works," he responded briefly. He doesn't sound intimidated rather he sounded so calm and confident.