I Don't Need

Chapter 37: I Don't Need
-Bex p.o.v.-

I gave a small groan, the room went silent again. All of the bustling around ceased and I could feel eyes on me. Lifting my eyelids, I looked around the room.

"You're awake," Lily smiled brightly.

"Yeah," I groaned again and sat up. Pain shot up my arm, causing me to squeal in surprise. Yanking my arm away and pulling it close to my chest.

"Are you alright?" Lily rushed to my side. "We were going to take you to Madame Pomphey, but she said that she already fixed it up."

"When was this?" I asked examining the new bandage that was wrapped around my wounded hand. Blood was already soaking through.

"Gregory brought you back to the common room, he said that when he found you, you could barely stand and were already injured. Black took you from him and we were going to the hospital wing. She said that she got the tests done, you'll have to go see her after breakfast, but said nothing could be done with the cut except to let time heal it." Lily explained, taking short breaths I between her sentences and speaking in a hurried tone.

"Alright," I stood from the bed, being sure not to use my injured hand this time.

Heading down to the common room was simple enough. It was what happened once we reached the common room, that was the problem. Not one. Not two. But three. Three over protective boys. All surrounding me the second I stepped off of the bottom stair.

"What happened to you hand?!" Remus grabbed my hand, yanking it towards him. I gave a small yelp, he pulled a little gentler but his hold still firm.

They all looked at me, expecting the answer. Sirius had his arms crossed over his chest, his eyes hard. James was sending me a pointed look, getting impatient with my silence. Remus looking at me that one way, that way where his bottom lip pointed out and his eyes were soft and concerned.

"Poppy was just running some tests." I shrugged.

"Your hand is bleeding!" Sirius yelled outraged.

"I know that." I rolled my eyes.

"Your hand has been bleeding for hours! Wood brings you back to the common room with a soaked bandage, blood dripping from it. He was covered in your blood from you wrapping your arms around him! Evans, here," Sirius threw his arms out to gesture to Lily, "had to change your bandage three times while you slept because you soaked through the bandages!"

I frowned and pulled my hand away. "I didn't ask you to. I didn't ask you to worry about me. I didn't ask you to change my bandages. I didn't ask you to take care of me. I can take care of myself."

"Bex," James reached for me but I pulled away. "We didn't mean-"

"Leave me alone." I left the common room, running. I went to the only place I knew they would find me in. The place I felt safe in.

"Mind if I join you?"

I looked over and managed a small smile, "yeah. If you want."

He sat down. Gently he placed an arm around me and pulled me closer to him.

"How did you find me?" I asked, looking up to meet his eyes.

He sent me a smirk, "I'll always know where to find you. When your sad, I'll be there to cheer you up. When your happy, I'll be there to smile with you. When your injured, I'll be thee to heal it."

"Thanks." I smiled a little.

"Hey, it's no problem at all." He chuckled, pulling me only a little bit closer, seeing as I was already as close as possible to him.

"Really, Blake, thanks."

"Your welcome, Dumbledore," he grinned at me, then looked down at my hand. He looked back up, meeting my eyes, asking for permission.

"Go ahead."

With my consent, he grabbed my hand gently and lifted it up to get a closer look. His hand neared mine, going towards my hand.

I pulled my hand away and held it close to my chest. "No, don't heal it."

"Why not?" He asked sending me a look of surprise and a little fear mixed in there if I was seeing correctly.

"Because. I don't need anyone helping me. I can do it myself." I spoke stubbornly.

He sent me a smirk, "this is about that argument, correct?"

"Maybe." I turned my head away in a stubborn move.

"You should just admit that you like Sirius Black." His smirk widened, "you like him and don't want to show it. That's why you constantly get defensive when he says something concerning how he cares for you. That's why you don't want him to get near to you. That's why you're pushing him away."

"I do not like him!" I exclaimed.

"You're just too scared to admit it." He gave a victorious smirk. "You like him. You like him a lot."

"No I don't." I gave a repulsed face, showing how disgusted I was by his statement.

"You'll admit it soon." He predicted.

"These nothing to admit." I said with an agitated sigh.

"Whatever you say," he dropped the subject. "You should at least let me re-bandage it, the blood has soaked through."

"Fine." I caved, holding my hand out to him.

Carefully he pulled the bandaging away from my skin, unwinding the Ace-Bandage that was expertly encircled around my hand and wrist.

His nose scrunched up in disgust at the sight of the messy wound. I inhaled deeply, trying to make myself feel better, only to suck in the stench of blood. It's metallic scent sticking to my nose, making me cringe and turn away, trying my hardest to get some fresh air.

"I'm cleaning this up." He told me, leaving no room for me to argue. He pulled his wand from his robes and muttered a spell. The blood was sucked away, like an invisible vacuum was sucking it right off of my skin and storing it into its invisible holding chamber, just waiting to be emptied.

With all of the blood gone you could clearly see the long, deep slice in the palm of my hand.

"What kind of test did Poppy have to take?" Andrew gave an enraged glare to the cut, his glare hardening when blood began to pool up again. "I need to heal this. You'll end up dying from blood loss if I don't."

"No I won't!" I glared at him, trying to jerk my hand away from him but his grip was too strong.

"Of course you will! You're already dripping in blood!" He threw a look down at my hand, blood consuming it. The argument had got my blood pumping and I was now seeping with blood from the open wound.

"I'll heal like a muggle! They can live through this, so can I!"

"Too late," he gave a smirk, his hand placed on top of my injury, sending tingles throughout my body. When he pulled his hand away all that was left was a thin scar stretching across the length of my hand.

I glared at him.

"Hey, don't be angry with me. I'm just looking out for you." He gave an innocent smile.

-------------------
Hey hey hey! How'd you guys like it? Show a little of the boys and their overprotectiveness, did you like it?
Comment, vote, share, fan, follow, and all that good stuff! Thanks guys!