28

Xavier POV

It's been a few days and Thea was still missing. The boys and I shared a guest room in the Pearson's household whilst Chris and some of the other FBI team were camping out in Bryson's office, not wanting to give up on their boss's daughter. My dad and his team ended up going back to their positions after helping out as much as they could but the information that my dad's security team provided, was more than enough for Bryson. 

I haven't been able to sleep for the past few days due to Thea. Anastasia has been attending to her job as usual with that fake chirpy smile and made up some excuse for all our teachers so they don't get all suspicious but I knew deep down that she worried for her step-daughter. Bryson had heavy eye bags, his eyes growing tired and his face growing slimmer due to the worry whilst the twins were just out and about, searching every inch of this damn neighbourhood. 

Where the fuck would Ken take Thea? 

It was now around midday as Aubree had been on her phone non-stop. That was the only way Aubree could take her mind off things and would actually stop worrying. And that is by going on social media or just have sex with Marco. Marco has been worried sick about Aubree's heath as she too, stopped eating and only took a bite from a lettuce. 

"Aubree, that phone will kill you," I said, leaning against the door frame of her bedroom door. 

Aubree looked up and rolled her eyes. "I don't give a shit now leave me alone." 

Marco emerged from her bathroom as he scratched his head, sighing heavily before nodding at me. I nodded back in response, closing the door behind me before turning around to meet Thea's room, her door wide open. 

I inhaled slowly before walking towards her large room and when my foot stepped inside her premises, I let out a heavy, shaky breath as her scent immediately sneaked into my nostrils. I bit my lip as I crossed my arms, walking further into her room to see that there has not been a single mess at all. My eyes scanned all over the beautiful, tidy room before they landed on her window sill. 

I smiled at the memory where we had our meeting the second time. I chuckled at her shocked expression that was permanently stuck in my mind as I realised now that her voice soothed me. A picture frame of her and I were sitting on her vanity as I had to force my eyes to rip away from it before my tears would get the better of me. 

Clenching my jaw, I stormed out of her room and down the stairs to see everyone gathering around. I arched an eyebrow as I approached the living room to see a small group of FBI members putting on their bullet jacket and checking if their guns had enough bullets. I turned to my left to see Bryson and Chris looking down at the map, concentrating really hard. 

"What's going on?" I asked, bemused. 

Bryson turned around and sighed, taking me by the shoulder before he guided me to the kitchen to see Luke standing there, fury evident in his eyes. I tilted my head to the side as Bryson took a step back, letting Luke explain. 

"What is it?" I questioned, again. 

"Remember how I said I'd check up on Carl?" Luke questioned back as I nodded in response, wanting him to hurry up. "He's been going to this warehouse and meeting with a man called Ken Martin." 

My eyes widened as I clenched my fist. "And?" 

"I made sure that I was as invisible as I could be and it turns out that Thea is being held captive there," Luke answered as he grabbed something from behind the counter and raised it up. 

I narrowed my eyebrows at Carl who's lips were taped with his hands tied firmly together. Anger boiled inside of me as I marched towards Carl and threw a punch at his eye as Luke's hold on him loosened then was dropped onto the floor. I straddled Carl's waist and threw a few more punches to his face before I was being pulled away by both Bryson and Luke.