Chapter 80 re-upload

Epilogue

After the night at Port Cressida, Luc and I moved out the city. We explained what had happened to Celia and how Henrietta was the real villain and not Casper. The court gladly accepted Casper as their King. I think they weren't too eager to accept Luc who had nearly killed them.

We left Casper we Jacques and Nico, who vowed to help Casper find his mate.

In the meantime we headed up into the mountains and forests, staying at royal hunting lodges until our twins were born in the spring.

Now I have two beautiful babies – a little girl called Ariana and a little boy called Christian. I'm completely in love with them both, and so is Luc.

We keep them away from the palace and the city. It's what we have to do until the danger has passed. Ever since that night, I remember what the demon had told me – the age of man is coming to an end.

I don't know what it means, but I know it's not our fight. Right now Luc and I doing what we can to keep low and protect our children until Casper's all powerful mate shows up.

I try not to worry about these things and just enjoy the little moments. Today Ariana laughed for the first time, and Christian puked on Luc's shirt (again). It's all these little things that keep me going and gives me hope for a wonderful future.

I watch Luc wiping the bits of white baby sick off his shoulder and try not to laugh.

He catches me watching him and scowls, "This isn't funny. This shirt is Armani."

"Well," I reply nonchalantly, "Maybe you shouldn't wear designer clothes while burping your son."

Luc grumbles and disappears off to change his shirt.

I turn back to stare out of the kitchen window. A moment later Luc joins me.

'What's wrong?' He asks.

'A storm is coming, I can feel it'. I reply.

He strokes my hair and presses a kiss into the nape of my neck. "Do not worry, my love. I will be here to protect you and the children when the time comes."

I smile at him, but deep within me, I know something big is on the horizon – something terrible.

He slips his hand into mine and pulls me away from the window. "Come with me, Mia."

I follow him and remind myself to enjoy the little things.

But I pause and glance back over my shoulder.

I can feel it.

It's almost here.