maheunnet

jungkook: jiminie <3

jungkook: minie??

seen

jungkook: baby hyungie??

jimin: its taehyung here, jimin's phone is with me.

jungkook: why?

jimin: the doctors are attending to jimin now.

jungkook: what happened to him?

the door burst open, revealing a disheveled yoongi, panting lightly.

"jungkook-ah, i won't be outside for a few hours, please sleep and don't even think of leaving your bed or finding jimin" yoongi said hurriedly, cursing under his breath when he heard taehyung's paniced calls for him to hurry up.

jungkook didn't even manage to utter out a reply before the door slammed back closed loudly, hearing rushed footsteps and metal clinking.

jungkook: taehyung what the fuck is happening?

jungkook: i heard your voice.

jungkook: what the fuck happened to jimin?

jimin: i've got to go jungkook, im afraid im not allowed to tell you anything.

jungkook: fuck off, that was the second time.

"taehyung, careful!" the older scolded as he puts a hand in front of the brown haired, stopping him from banging the elavator doors.

"sorry, shit i-"

"jungkook?"

"yeah, he-"

"don't say a thing to him"

taehyung nodded as the doors opened, the both of them hastily going in and pressing the button that leads to the chemotheraphy lab.

-

jimin clutches his heart, gasping for air that he is lacking through the oxygen mask. he has been told that water had filled his lungs and that the doctors are trying their very best.

the pain was unbearable, piercing through him like a bullet and he bites his lips, thinking that this is how it'll end.

the doors to the lab opened, revealing taehyung and yoongi as they both went to doctor kim, asking him what they should do, what can save their friend.

it's no wonder why they were needed, most nurses had already went home, it being late past midnight, not much nurses stay over except taehyung and yoongi.

"i'll have to give him a try at pleurodesis, please help me get the things ready both of you" the black haired said after a while of serious thinking, and sauntering off to jimin, whispering words of encouragement, telling him to stay, that he can fight through it.

pleurodesis. taehyung had heard about it. where it seals the space between the tissues covering the lung by using sterile talc to make them inflamed so they stick together so that there is no space for the fluid to collect. it does not treat the cancer but it might reduce the chances of this to happen again.

taehyung was beyond worried, hands trembling as he's not even half cohorent, thinking about the what ifs that might happen if this fails. jimin, the man is having no chances in living and if this doesn't work, he'll lose his best friend.

"he'll be okay taehyung-ah, he's a strong person, i know he can make it" yoongi whispers assuringly as he set the table up steadfastly, alerting the black haired doctor once they were done and the three put on their mask and glasses before yoongi gives a small injection of anaesthetic morphine into he barely living pale boy on the bed, a sharp exhaled given in return.

"i cant't give you a huge dose jimin, you have to stay awake, can you hear me?" the doctor says firmly, and jimin's head slurs, the voices becoming distant but he nods his head, trying to stay alive, to at least hold on a while for jungkook.

he has to stay for jungkook, even if it's just for a little while more.

when the anaesthetic has worked, the doctor puts a wide cannula into the male's chest, through his side. the tip of the needle goes into the space where the fluid is going to be collected– the pleural space. once it is in the right place, doctor kim attaches the needle to a drainage tube, a chest drain, which in turn is attached to a collecting bottle or bag. the doctor then puts a stitch around the tube to hold it in place.

as long as the drainage bottle or bag is kept lower than your chest, the fluid drains out automatically. since jimin has a lot of liquid in his lungs, it could take several hours becuase it has to be done slowly, because draining a large amount of fluid too quickly can make his blood pressure drop suddenly making him feel faint. also, the lung expanding too quickly can make you more breathless.

they waited, anxiousness and worry comsuming their guts and once the fluid has stopped draining, the black haired injects the powder into the pleural space through the drainage tube. he then clamps the tube and the drain is then attached to a suction to help stick the pleura together.

"jimin? are you okay?"

"what if it doesn't work?" taehyung's lips wavers as he holds onto jimin's hand, looking at him intently.

jimin's eyes flutters open and close, unable to open fully as he tries to stable his breathing but doesn't manage as he isn't calming his body down. his heart monitor increases in rate and the doctor asks him to relax while he gasps softly through the oxygen mask, chest heaving rapidly from the pain surging in his body.

the three watched in fear as the male struggles, tightening his hold on taehyung amd the other breaks, tears falling down.

"it's okay jimin, y-you can let go, y-you can let it go if you can't hold on longer, it's okay jiminie" he rasps, bringing their hands to his forehead, tears dripping down to the white sheets.

jimin stops moving as his eyes went shut.

(((((: