Eight

Mrs. Jeon had seemed to realise that Wonwoo was trying to get away being unembarrassed in front of his friend, so managed to stay out of the way. Mostly.

Wonwoo unlocked the door and allowed Mingyu inside. "Here we are," he said.

"Should I take my shoes off?" Mingyu asked, positioning his foot ready to take his Nikes off.

"It's fine," said Wonwoo and pointed upstairs, "my room's up here."

"Cool," came the reply.

The two walked upstairs in a half awkward, half comfortable silence, and Wonwoo made sure he went upstairs first so he wouldn't stare at Mingyu's butt, get distracted and fall over. That had happened in school at the start of the year and he didn't really want it to occur again.

"Hey, boys!" an overly excited sounding voice said from the top of the stairs and Wonwoo tried his hardest not to visibly cringe.

"Hello, mum," Wonwoo sighed.

They finished climbing the stairs and stood in full awkwardness in front of Mrs. Jeon, who kept looking at Mingyu, then Wonwoo, and then back to Mingyu again.

"Hi, Mrs. Jeon," said Mingyu, bowing respectfully with a sweet smile on his lips and Wonwoo couldn't help but imagine that moment was what it would be like taking your boyfriend (hopefully Mingyu) home to meet your parents.

"Hello," Mrs. Jeon smiled, "sorry, what's your name?"

"I'm Kim Mingyu," Mingyu introduced himself, "I'm Wonwoo's friend from school."

A huge grin spread over Wonwoo's mum's face, as she fanned herself slightly. "Wow, okay," she breathed, laughing, "I'm sorry, I'm not used to seeing Wonwoo with friends. It's all a bit of a shock! You're his first friend, you take care of my boy well-"

"Mum," said Wonwoo, looking sharply at his mother.

"Ah, well I have some jobs to do," she excused, "I'll let you boys get on. It was nice meeting you, Mingyu."

Mingyu bowed and smiled again. "You too, Mrs. Jeon," he said, as Wonwoo's mother disappeared downstairs, looking at Mingyu as if he was a new species of human. He kind of was, in a way. A literally perfect super-species.

Wonwoo tried to hide the mortified expression he feared would appear on his face and cleared his throat, pointing with his thumb at a door. "This is my room."

He pushed the door open and flicked the lightswitch, illuminating his bedroom for Mingyu to see.

"I was right," was the first thing Mingyu said, walking in and throwing his school bag on the floor, "there are posters. A lot of them."

"Yeah," said Wonwoo, suddenly feeling embarrassed at having Kim Mingyu actually in his house, in his room.

"Your room's awesome," breathed Mingyu, smiling at Wonwoo and looking around.

Wonwoo realised the amount of boxers that were strewn across his floor and managed to subtly kick a few pairs by his feet into the corner and out of sight, now possibly lost to the pits of hell under Wonwoo's desk never to be found again. Mingyu sat down on Wonwoo's bed as the older boy stood uncomfortably in the middle of his room.

"Sit down, then," laughed Mingyu, "it's your room after all."

"Okay," Wonwoo said, taking an awkward seat at the edge of his bed next to Mingyu.

"What should we do?" Mingyu asked.

Wonwoo tried not to reply, 'you', and shrugged, finally managing to stutter out, "You could teach me the ion things again.