3. Beautiful, Sarcastic Morning.

July 9th, at precisely 7:00 in the morning; Zoey Hunter.

"Morning, sis," I mumbled, wiping the sleep out of my eyes. Skylar nodded a reply, not looking up from her phone, blonde straight hair framing her face. She was probably texting her recent catch; Jack Morrison, the senior quarterback. 

"GOOD MORNING ZOZOBEAR!" exclaimed a very hyper and excited five year old, also known as my little sister. She jumped on my lap, wide green eyes dancing with happiness. I let out a small "oomph", oh for god's sake; it was still 7:00 in the morning.

"What did you eat this morning?" I asked, patting her dark hair.

"COOKIES, AND LOLLIPOPS AND LOTS AND LOTS OF M&M'S!"

I winced at the tone of her voice, it was too cheery and full of rainbows for my taste right now.

"And where's Mom?"

"MOMMY WENT TO WORK EARLY THIS MORNING, SHE HAD AN EM-ER-GEN-CY." 

"Jules, talk slowly and don't scream. Now, who gave you the food?"

"No-one, I found the secret bag where you guys put all the candy," she grinned with mischief. I groaned, she was never supposed to find that. My dear older sister was supposed to be taking care of her.

"Skye?" 

No answer, nothing could be heard but rapid tapping on a screen and the breathing of a sugar-rushed kid.

"Skye! Look at me or I swear I will throw your phone across the window and feed it to a hungry lion."

"You can't do both, that's just weird," she rolled her eyes at me, placing the phone on the table. I gave her a well-deserved glare.

"Why didn't you watch her? She's all hyper now, you're supposed to drive her to the daycare in less than 20 minutes and I doubt Ms. Yolan will tolerate her in this state," I scolded, wondering how on Earth was she older than me?

"Oh hush, you know the old Yolan loves her more than anyone. B-T-W do something with your hair and put some mascara on; you look worse than Grumpy in the morning," she referred to the Snow White movie. I grimaced, looking down at myself. I actually liked my outfit today; a cropped tee with REBEL written across the chest. And of course, my light blue denim shorts.

"Grumpy is adorable," popped in Julia, smiling. I hugged her close, sticking a tongue out at Skye. Setting the little girl on the ground, I stood up, brushing invisible wrinkles off my jean shorts.

"The truth has been spoken, now I shall go because I'll be late and you know how mad Walters-"

I stopped, cold truth splashing over me. 

Today was my first day delivering mail with Devilboy.

"God damn it, stupid new kid." I muttered, earning a chuckle from Skye; who stood up, stuffing her phone in the brand new Gucci bag.

"No swearing," said none other than Julia herself, folding her arms. It was at times like this where I noticed the resemblance she and Mom had. Her eyebrows scrunched up, pouting.

"Sorry."

Skylar walked over and pulled me in a tight hug. I patted her back, slightly confused. We never had sentimental moments, and I was pretty sure she just wanted to tell me something without Julia listening.

"I heard he's a hottie, go get him." she whispered in my ear, pulling back and winking.

"No-just no, he's despicable."

"What does des-pica mean?" questionned a small voice. Skye knelt down to her level, and squeezed her cheeks together.

"Des-pica-ble is when you like someone but you just don't know it yet," she explained, making me clench my fists at the false meaning. Julia's face, on the other hand, brightened up.