Worry - Tony Stark x Reader

Words: 1349
Pairing: Tony Stark x Reader
Featuring: Clint Barton, Steve Rogers
Warnings: slight angst
Requested by anon
Summary: You are the secret fiance of Tony Stark, and he wants to keep you safe and has you set up in a safe house much like the Barton's. One day, he can't get ahold of you and assumes the worst.
Authors Note: I love writing cute Tony so this was a must. I actually love this one a lot.

*Edited*

---

"Yes, Tony, I'm perfectly fine." You smiled into the phone as you cooked yourself lunch.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

You laughed. "What has got you so freaked out?"

"I don't know; I'm just scared." He sighed.

"Don't worry about me; it's called a safe house for a reason, remember?" You told him as you continued to make a sandwich.

"I guess you're right," Tony said quietly. Tony took a page out of Barton's book and put you in a safe house when you two fell in love, and things started to get dangerous. Being engaged, he didn't want anything to happen to you or anyone to know that you existed, not even his teammates.

"I'm babysitting the Barton children today, remember? We'll be fine." You reminded him. Okay, Clint was the only one who knew you existed, which was okay. Tony trusted him since he does have a family. And it gave you a chance to make friends with the family and their children, and be able to babysit.

"Be careful," Tony said.

"Stark?" You heard a voice, probably Steve Rogers.

"Yeah?" Tony answered, moving the phone away a bit.

"Are you on the phone?" He asked.

"Mhm," Tony said.

"Is it important?"

You could hear Tony sigh. "I guess not."

"I'm having everyone meet in the common room."

"I'll be right there," Tony said and waited for a second, then talked again. "I have to go; I love you."

"Tony," You said, catching his attention. "How much longer do I have to be a secret?"

"I don't know, darling, until I'm sure you'll be safe around us." He said. "I have to go now, I love you, and I'll call you later."

You sighed and put a smile back on your face. "I love you too." And right as you said that Laura Barton was knocking at your door.

---

"Where's Clint?" Tony was running down the hallways of the facility shouting for the Barton man.

"Wanda, have you seen Clint? Cap, where's Clint? FRIDAY, find Clint!" Tony was getting worried; there was no time to be wasted.

"I heard you needed me, Tony?" Clint walked into the room where Tony was pacing around. "Whoa, everything okay?"

"(Y/N) isn't answering their phone! The house phone won't even ring- it just ends! And FRIDAY can't contact the house!" Tony yelled, getting scared.

"What do you want me to do?" Clint asked, also scared for you.

"Call Laura and make sure she's okay; I'm flying out to the house," Tony told him. "If she answers and they're okay, I want you to fly out and bring them here. I'm scared somethings going on; I want them here." Clint nodded and pulled out his phone.