Ch. 9

In Mal and Evie's Dorm RoomJane and Mal spoke as Ash is working on a compass, Lena works on homework, and Evie sewed on her machine

Jane and Mal spoke as Ash is working on a compass, Lena works on homework, and Evie sewed on her machine.

The sun shine into the room and fell across Mal's sketchbook. She was lying on her bed, shading in a drawing of Beast as Jane stood clutching the bedpost.

Jane mimicked in a singsong voice, "Mom said, 'If a boy can't see the beauty within then he's not worth it." She continued "Can you believe it? What works does she live in?" She stomped angrily across the room.

Mal snickered and muttered "Auradon?"

Evie held up the dress she's been sewing and said "Mal? Ash? Lena? Do you three like?"

Mal, Ash, and Lena looked up. Ash said "Out of scale from 1 to 10, it's 11."
Lena said "Yeah, it really cute." Mal said "It brings out your eyes."

Evie said smiling, "I know." and started to sew again.

Jane said "I'll never get a boyfriend." and flopped down on Evie's bed.

Mal said "Boyfriends are overrated," then looked at Ash and continued "No offence."

Ash said "None taken."

Evie said "And how would you know, Mal?"

Lena said "You never have one."

Mal said "It's 'cause I don't need one, E, L. They're a waste of time."

Evie gasped and said "I frogot to do Chad's homework!" She stood up and continued "Oh, no. Oh, no, no, no, no!" She grabbed Chad's backpack and sat again at her seeing desk.

Mal said "And that is exactly what I mean. At least Ash doesn't do Carlos' homework."

There was a knock on the door and a girl stepped into the room. She wore a pink floral shirt with a pink sash and a short teal skirt. She sported a short bob hairstyle with bangs. The girl said brightly, "Hey, guys! I'm Lonnie!" She eyed Mal, Ash, Evie, and Lena. She said "My mom's Mulan...?"

They have her blank stares. Evie took a binder out of Chad's backpack.

Lonnie said "No? Anyways! I love what you've done with Jane's hair. And I you hate us. And, well, you're evil...But do you think you could do mine?" as she touched her bob.

Mal scoffed and asked "Why would I do that for you?"

Lonnie said "I'll pay you fifty dollars." while holding out a silk bag of money.

Lena said "Good answer." as taking the bag and standing. Evie squinted at Lonnie, "Let's see. I'm thinking we lose the bangs...maybe some layers...and some highlights!"

Lonnie said "Um...no, no. I want it cool. Like Mal's!"

Mal look at Lonnie with her jaw dropped.