S E V E N

S E V E N

The first thing that Stella had observed when she sat under the blanket of stars by Noir's side, was how the bright purple lightning had crackled through the sky. It split their canvas into a brilliant half, sparks of fire dancing and electricity positively fizzing through the air.

This made Stella uncomfortable, for purple lightning is a phenomenon in itself. Lightning was a bright yellow, a bright white. It served as nature's way of letting out anger. Uniquely colored lightning served as the heaven's way of letting off steam.

"We have to run." A sense of dread rushed within Stella as Noir stood up, grabbing her hand as the words spilled from his mouth. He was a quiet one, only ever speaking deep profound words and never jokes like Stella ever did.

This time, his voice leaked with urgency as their feet thundered against the ground, pelting down the street as droplets of rain trailed behind them.

Stella wasn't used to the rain. She was a literal bright ball of sunshine, a bright ball of burning hot fire. As the cooling water came into contact with her skin, it fizzed as Stella let out a cry of pain, nearly stopping to grab her shoulder where she had been hit.

In a hurry, Noir shrugged off his jacket and placed it over Stella's head before whisking her up in a piggyback, running as fast as he could away from the rain and away from open fields.

Their solitude, a house that Noir had constructed deep into the forest and away from mortals, were just mere steps away before lightning struck the floor right beside Noir.

He jumped slightly and veered out of the way, but the heavens were unforgiving and unrelenting. Rain poured over the duo as steam rose quickly over and into the clouds.

The last thing Stella heard before unwanted darkness greeted her was the sound of Noir yelling for her name.

:::::

Vote, comment and share. 💖

Until next time. 💙