Chapter 5

Juliette Pov

I bided my time, waiting patiently for the ideal opportunity to strike. Three days had passed since I had been abducted, but I had managed to gather crucial information about my captor. His name was Zachary, and he had plans to take me out of Egypt. Though fear coursed through my veins, I refused to give up hope.

As I lay on my makeshift bed, I heard the sound of footsteps approaching. It was Whitney, my abductor's accomplice, bringing me my meal. With practiced movements, she set the dishes down and began clearing the table. As she turned her back to me, I saw my chance.

With a sudden burst of adrenaline, I grabbed the broomstick lying nearby and swung it with all my might. It connected with Whitney's head, and she crumpled to the ground, unconscious. I dressed quickly in the grey dress she had provided and crept out of the room, taking care not to make a sound.

But as I made my way towards the exit, I overheard Zachary speaking on the phone. "Yes, she is quiet now. She is doing fine. I will let you talk to her when I am done with the Visa process. I married her, legally she has signed the document. That would help."

My heart raced as I listened intently, hoping to gather any information that could help me escape. Who was he speaking to? And what was this Visa process he mentioned? I had to know more.

All of a sudden he went quiet and I walked closer to the door and tried to see what he was doing. It looked like an office room, he stood right next to the window with his back facing me and he held a phone to his ears. He looked tensed. But then after ten minutes of waiting he didn't utter a word and I took this as my cue to leave as soon as possible. I tiptoe down the hall when I stopped in my tracks when I heard something crash. I realised there were more people in the house and I hid behind a door when I heard someone coming in.

As I sat in my hidden spot, waiting for the perfect time to escape, I heard a sudden outburst of yelling. "Shut up or else I will.." the voice echoed through the hallway. My heart raced as I tried to determine where the noise was coming from.

The commotion grew louder and more intense.

"How the hell is that possible?" a man's voice said, full of frustration.

"I don't know anything, just f*cking find him," another voice replied, clearly distressed.

My heart pounded as I listened to their conversation. "You have a week in your hand. If you don't give me his details in this week then I am gonna blow your head out of your body. Do you understand?" the first voice threatened.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Whom are they talking about? My mind raced as I tried to piece together what was happening. I knew I needed to act fast if I wanted to escape with my life.

I stood frozen, listening intently to their conversation. As I tried to process what I had just heard, I failed to notice the door in front of me opening. Before I knew it, a man with bloodshot eyes and a muscular build was standing before me, looking furious that I had been eavesdropping.

My heart racing, I muttered, "Oh no."

He grabbed my arm with a strong grip, shaking me so violently that I thought my shoulder would pop out of its socket. "Who are you?" he snarled, his eyes glaring into mine.

"Let me go!" I cried, struggling to break free from his grasp.

"You were listening to our conversation. A spy!" he accused, pointing a gun at my head.

Before he could say another word, Zachary appeared and cut him off.

"Stop it, Max," the other man asked the man with the gun.