Chapter 105- Shooting and Stabbing

"I dunno why it's bleedin' so much." Daryl mumbled as I wiped my cheek off again.

"It's okay, we're almost at the Prison." I said quietly as we continued to move through the forest.

"So what do I do when we get back there?" Merle asked from the left.

I shrugged and looked to Daryl "Nothin', apologize to Glenn and Maggie's a good start." Daryl offered. "Maybe try and do some chores or somethin'." Daryl commented.

Merle chuckled "That's women work baby bro, do I look like a gal to ya?" Merle asked.

I laughed and stepped over a large tree branch. "Don't ask questions you don't want to know what the answer is." I mocked.

Merle scowled and Daryl chuckled. "I'll give you some laundry to do Merle, think you can handle that?" I asked, cracking up at Merle's angry face.

"You sure know how to pick 'em lil bro." Merle mumbled sarcastically, Daryl chuckled and I couldn't help but laugh.

Gun fire sounded in the distance and I started to panic. "Is that from the-" I started to ask.

"Prison... Come on." Daryl said, pulling the crossbow from his back.

"Better use your gun girly, things are bout to get rough." Merle said, handing me a shot gun.

I sighed and chased after Daryl, Merle quick on my heels. We burst from the tree line and Rick was being attacked by several walkers.

Daryl loaded an arrow while Rick yelled from frustration, and pain from holding the walkers back.

His screaming ceased as the arrow pierced through the walker right in front of Rick.

Merle charged to one side and I went to the other. I shot the walker in the head while Merle stopped the walker that was inches away from killing Rick.

Daryl's arrows flew while Merle, Rick and I shot, stabbed and bashed the walkers that crept towards us, trying to munch on our bones.

Finally the walkers around us fell and Merle let out a exhausted laugh.

We all panted and Daryl shared meaningful glances with Rick.

I wrapped my arms around Rick, his sweat coated shirt giving off a very rank smell.

"We got a surprise for you." Rick whispered, I stared at him in confusion but he turned and looked at the field of walkers.

Merle, Rick, Daryl and I stood side by side, as we looked into our precious Prison field filled with the walking dead.