Chapter 10

Ashton
"Ashton!" I could hear Luke yelling through the phone but I couldn't answer him.

I grunted as I tried to push Niall off me, he was trying to get his hands around my throat and he was strong, I couldn't stop him.

"You smell so good, how do they resist you? I just want to drink you up." He mumbles and finally his hands find their place around my throat. I gasp and pull at his hands.

He smiles as I struggle to breath, not showing any signs of stopping until I'm dead. "N-Niall!" I gasp and his smile drops, his eyes turning back to their original blue.

He lets go of me and I gasp for breath. When I look over, he's looking down at his hands with a horrified expression. "T-they warned me and I didn't listen. I'm so sorry." He looks up at me with tears in his eyes and I back up slightly.

"What happened to you?" I ask but my voice is raspy.

"You. You happened." He growls and gets up again, his eyes going back to black.

"Niall." I cry and his eyes turn to his color again. He grips his hair and makes a pained sound, like he's struggling with something.

I'm assuming he's struggling with himself. He opens our door and walks out. "Niall!" I say again but he shakes his head.

"Don't let me in, no matter what I say, don't let me in." He grumbles and reaches for the door. "Tell me to leave." He growls and I furrow my eyebrows but listen to him.

"I don't want you here, get out."

"Now shut the door." He says through gritted teeth. I do as told and slam the door in his face.

I back up till I'm huddled in the corner, on my bed, my arms wrapped around my legs as I watch the door.

I jump as there's a loud bang against it.

"Ashton!" I jump again and look down at my phone with wide eyes. I pick it up shakily and put it to my ear.

"L-Luke?" I ask and he lets out a sigh of relief.

"It's Michael, are you alright?" He asks and my lip trembles.

"What's going on?" I mumble.

"We're almost to your dorm room, are you still there? Are you hurt? Did he hurt you?" He rambles.

"I-I'm fine, he's outside but he...he's d-different."

"I know baby. We're gonna help him and keep you safe, okay?" I nod my head but then realize he can't see me, causing me to blush.

"Okay." I mumble and let out a squeak as there's another loud thump against the door.

"Ashton." Niall sing songs, I shiver. "Let me in Ashton. I'm really sorry, I didn't mean it."

"P-please hurry." I mumble into the phone.

"We're on our way sweetheart." He says, sounding extremely stressed.

"Ashton just open the door!" Niall suddenly shouts and slams on it.

I watch with wide eyes as the door shakes from the force. Then as it steadies, there's another loud bang and the door splints and cracks. I yelp and back up as far as I can against the wall.

With one last bang, the door flys off the hinges and my eyes widen even more. Niall gives me a evil grin.

"M-Michael he broke the door down." I squeak into the phone.

"It's okay, you just can't let him in, got it?"

"O-Okay."

"Ashton let me in, I just need to talk to you." He says, he looks like normal Niall but I shake my head and his eyes turn black.

"Let me in!" He shouts and I shake in fear.

"Ashton!" I sigh in relief when I hear Calum's voice.

Then suddenly Niall is being forced away by Michael and Luke.

"Y-you can c-come in." I mutter in a haze when he just stands in the doorway.

Calum hurried in the room and I throw myself at him. He catches me in his arms and I grip his shirt.

"It's okay, your okay." Calum mumbles into my hair, giving my head a kiss.

He pulls away to look me over and frowns, gritting his teeth as he runs his fingers lightly over my neck.

He leans my head to the side and leans down, lightly kissing over my neck, where there was bruises forming.

"No! Let me go!" I hear Niall shout as the other two drag him far away from me.

"Why don't you tell him?! Huh? He has a right to know!"

I furrow my eyebrows and look to Calum for explanation. His eyes turn a darker shade but he just gives me a tight lip smile.

"He's crazy at the moment, he's just been turned so he's delirious."

"That's what happens when someone's turned?" I ask and he smiles sadly.

"Sometimes."

"Will he be alright?" I ask worriedly, I couldn't lose my best friend.

He doesn't say anything but nods and pulls me to him.

"I'm gonna stay here with you, okay?" I nod and he pulls us to the bed, finally getting the cuddles he had asked for this morning.

And as we waited for Luke and Michael to come back, I couldn't help but think that they were hiding something big from me.