Friendships and Planning

~This story is starting off on the train ride back home after the 6th year of Hogwarts.~

"Hermione! You're hurting my arm." Harry said, but Hermione only kept running.

"Harry, I swear, we're going to be late for the train!"

"Calm down Hermione, we still have 5 minutes before the train departs" Ron added, but backed off once he saw the look on Hermione's face.

"Harry won't be late, but we will! Prefects have to be on the train 5 minutes prior to get information from the head boy and girl." Hermione added matter-of-factly.

"Hermione just let go, I can get on the train by myself!" Harry half-yelled while being jostled by the crowd of bodies. Harry then yanked his hand away from Hermione. And continued to the train by himself, leaving a slightly startled Ron and Hermione on the edge of the platform.

Both Ron and Hermione both took note that every year after second year, Harry became irritable when they took the train-ride back home. They both knew that Harry hated his Aunt and Uncle, but they didn't think that it would make someone that pissed off. The real reasoning for this was actually that Aunt Petunia, Uncle Vernon, and Dudley were abusive towards him. Petunia was verbally abusive, Vernon both verbally and physically abused him, and Dudley just beat him up for fun because he could. Harry became more and more angry and skittish because every year, the punishments and abuse would escalate when the Dursley's thought he became more 'freakish.'

As Harry made him way onto the train, he silently regretted waiting so long to get on the train. Every single compartment was full, except for the one at the very end, that one was empty. Harry sighed, Ron and Hermione won't be sitting with him because the prefects have a separate compartment they're supposed to sit at. It wasn't as if Harry disliked Ron and Hermione, it's just he had been getting slightly more depressed each year. He just wanted a couple of hours alone in peace before he had to live with the wretched Dursleys again.

Harry, thinking that he would have the whole compartment alone, decided to lay down on the seats, but just as he positioned himself, an annoying yet angel-like voice barged in.

"Hey mind if I sit he- Oh. It's just you." Draco spat slightly. As much as Harry wanted to hate Draco, he couldn't stop liking his adorable face, and that cute smirk he always gave Harry.

"What the hell- OH! Not you! And to think, all I wanted was just a couple hours of rest before my hell! Harry said rather violently. To be honest, Harry slightly enjoyed the thought of sharing a compartment with Draco, but he would never say that out loud.

"Sorry for interrupting your 'beauty sleep' Potter, but all the other compartments are full, so it seems we're in a predicament." Draco said with a smirk. He then promptly entered the cabin, and shut the door. He hoisted his luggage in the overhang, giving Harry a slight peek at the small of his back where his shirt lifted up. He then mimicked Harry and laid down on the seats across from him.

In the background, they both could hear the train whistle, and the train then lurched forward, and made its way to their final destination.

"So, Potter, how is Mudblood and Blood Traitor?" Draco said, with no hint of amuse on his face.

This act alone caused Harry to turn red in the face. "Do not call them those names. Their names are Hermione and Ron. And if you're so interested, Ron and Hermione are both doing splendidly." Harry finished while staring at the ceiling.

This retort sent Draco back a bit. Usually Harry just ignored him or out right punched him. Today though, he seems very mad, and what is it... nervous.