Chapter 17-Unending Pain

Hello again everyone! I have like nothing to do this summer so I'm gonna write for this, especially cause after this chapter, there will be only one more. This one will take you a while btw its over 3,000 words! So good luck! But I have really great ideas for the next book. So hang in there! Hope you enjoy my lovelies!

"Evelyn?" Charles opened the door to Evelyn's room as slowly and silently as possible. She was still fast asleep, and looked as peaceful as ever. Curiosity coming over him, Charles stepped in to see her beautiful sleeping form. He couldn't get over how beautiful Evelyn truly was. How her silky blonde hair framed her light porcelain face. The way her eyes would sparkle in the sunlight, or when her lips curved into the most amazing smile. Charles couldn't help but stare, she was just so perfect. However, he had remembered why he came to her room. Today was the day. They were going after Shaw, even if it meant risking their lives to do so. Therefore, Charles leaned forward and placed a kiss upon Evelyn's temple, hoping the affection would wake her. Thankfully her eyes began to flutter open.

"Good morning Charles." She spoke sweetly.

"Good morning, love." He responded lovingly.

Suddenly her eyes furrowed as if confused. "Today's the day isn't it?" Without needing a response from Charles, she readily jumped out of bed.

"I'm going to need you to wait outside the door, Mr. Xavier, I'm afraid I have to change my wardrobe." Evelyn joked, after realizing she couldn't do anything until he left.

"Oh really? Such a shame, I'd much rather stay and see what's under it." Charles flirted back.

Evelyn shook her head and pushed him towards the door despite his protests. She quickly changed into whatever she could find, remembering Hank was working on suits for them anyway. She then proceeded to stroll out the door and followed Charles to Hanks lab along with everyone else.

As they approached the door, it appeared that Hank had left a note for them.
'Gone to the airbase, bring the crate marked X. -Hank'

Waking inside, everyone was dumbfounded to see everything strewn all across the room. It was a mess. It appeared as if an animal wreaked havoc everywhere.

"What the hell happened here?" Erik questioned.

All that was untouched was a closed metal case marked X. Charles opened it to find piles of suits, namely for us.

"Hank has been busy." Charles thought out loud.

"Do we really have to wear these?" Alex complained.

"As none of us mutated to endure extreme g-force or being riddled by bullets, I suggest we suit up."

Time Skip to the Airbase

Stepping forward toward the plane, there was still no sign of Hank.

"Where is Hank?" Evelyn wondered.

"I'm here." said a voice. He didn't sound like Hank at all. It sounded huskier, almost like a growl. It wasn't until the blurry dark form came closer, that anyone could identify him. He was...blue. With the fur, fangs, and claws of an animal.

"Hank?" Charles uttered, astounded at what he saw.

"It didn't attack the cells. It enhanced them. It didn't work." Hank explained, holding his head down in shame.