Chapter 2

Ashton
Age 11
I practically ran to my bedroom, hoping to see the blonde man tonight. He hasn't showed for a week and for some reason, that disappointed me.

I stayed up until I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore. Still no blonde man.

I soon fell asleep and I dreamed that my mother and other members of her church were looking and pointing at this strange bird that landed on a tree.

The very large bird opened its wings and spread them wide. Everyone stood in awe. The bird had large white wings with red ruffles on the ends.

In this dream I was in a room that was a few stories above the ground. I wanted to see what the commotion was outside so I opened my window.

All of a sudden the creature flew from the tree and came inside my room through the window.

He suddenly wasn't a bird, but a man. Although it was a different man, it was still one of the creatures. His eyes were all black, dead giveaway.

He had red hair. Red! I gave up on the all black, dark hair myth after that. He looked human but I knew he was one of those vampiric creatures, like the blonde man.

I noticed two strange hole markings on his neck. I lifted my hand slowly and lightly touched his neck where the markings were.

He shivered but didn't stop me.

"You're like the other man," I whispered and he nodded.

He grabbed my hand and started to pull me towards the window. I didn't make an effort to stop him.

But suddenly I could hear my name being shouted. The red hair man before me hissed but didn't let me go.

He started dragging me towards the window faster, almost urgently.

"Wake up! Ashton, wake up!" I could hear my mothers voice but I couldn't bring myself to open my eyes, to wake up.

I was in a trance as the man and I were a few feet from the window.

"Almost there, Ashton. Now just open the window some more," he said once we were finally at the window.

I looked at him and he gave me a reassuring nod. I started to push open the window when suddenly he hissed again, "No!"

Then all of a sudden I opened my eyes and saw my mom. "You must of been having quite the dream," Mum said and I just nodded.

I knew he wanted me to come with him. It's like he wanted me for himself. Like he was trying to trick me into coming with him.

I knew if I had opened that window in my dream, it would be like opening the window to let the blonde man in.

But the problem is, I never opened the window for the blonde, he always tried to make me but to no avail.

I wasn't going to risk it. I may not feel scared like others may have in my position, but I wasn't just going to let this man in when my brother was a bed away from mine, sleeping.

So the blonde and I always talked, through the cold glass, with his occasional question of me letting him in.

Age 15
It was a Friday in September, around 4 in the morning.

Everyone was sleeping and I was having a pretty nice dream myself.

Suddenly though my eyes snapped open, like there was a loud bang. I looked around, everything was silent and I had no idea what could have woken me up from my sound sleep.

I laid back down, closing my eyes but randomly I got this weird feeling. I got up out of bed and started walking towards the window. I felt like I was in some sort of trance.

When I looked outside I saw a strange man walking in my driveway. He had black hair, tan skin and black clothes on. As soon as he saw me, he sort of "flew" towards my window and floated there.

I gulped, this was definitely another one of those men from before...but why another different one?

Ashton...let me in

I looked over to where my brother was sleeping, and then I looked towards the man. I was curious.

Without thinking I opened the window just a tiny crack but he quickly grabbed my hand.

His hands were colder than a normal humans' and his fingernails were painted black.

I have something for you

I couldn't really think because this was the first time I had really touched one of them, besides in my dream years ago.

"What is it?" I whisper and he smiles, showing sharp fangs.

It's a ring, I'll put it out here in a jewelry box

I nodded and all of a sudden he was in my room. He took my hand and pulled me further into the room. I felt strange vibrations all over my body when he touched me.

I unexpectedly felt the ground disappear. I looked down to see we were both floating in the air.

He tries to take my gaze back to him by caressing my cheek. He was kissing my hands, and face too.

I knew that he was some kind of dark being. I felt like he was vampirish somehow, yet I still felt safe when I was with him. I didn't feel any danger, nothing like he was going to hurt me.

Next thing I know, I'm waking up in bed. It couldn't have been a dream.

Then I remember what the man said, so I run outside and sure enough, right under my bedroom window, is a jewelry box.

I pick it up carefully and open it up. There, is a ring with a round, orange colored stone as a gem.

--

I feel so compelled towards them. I wish I knew why. It's like there's something about them. And the other encounters that I've had with them in my dreams, they revealed some strange information.

"What do you guys do?"

The blonde looked at me and showed no emotion as he said "We roam. It's both a blessing and a curse."

Then the tan one told me "We're not going to hurt you. If we had wanted to, we would have done so long ago."

I know they're some kind of vampire creatures. I don't know what they want with me. I cannot shake the intensity of their eyes. They are all black, with no white or common color.

I had read a lot about the Black Eyed People and how people become terrified of them, like fear overtakes them. I was never afraid of them. I was just curious and strangely allured to them. I never know why.

But then, when I turned 17, they stopped showing up. I blamed it on my imagination. Telling myself I had thought it all up and now that I was officially done with high school that I was grown up. That must've been why I stopped 'imagining' them.

And that's what I told myself all these years.

I totally blocked them out of my memory, forgot all about them. That is until I was packing my things and found an old jewelry box.

And inside was a ring with a round, orange colored stone as a gem.