Chapter 18

Ashton
"Ashton? What's going on?" My mom asks as she walks in the door. I run to her, pulling her into a hug, with my brother and sister.

"I can't tell you right now...but just know that I'm going to keep you safe, no matter what." I whisper.

She looks up and looks at all the boys. "It's happening isn't it?"

"What?" I ask incredulously.

"Andy's back, isn't he?" She asks.

"You...you know?" I ask and she chuckles.

"You're the only one that doesn't remember sweetie."

"We remember everything." Lauren says and I look at them with wide eyes.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I ask.

"Tell you what? That your the king of a vampire kingdom and some crazy old servant of yours cursed you and keeps trying to kill you? I'm pretty sure you would've admitted me to an asylum." The boys chuckle at that.

"So he's trying to use us as bait this time?" She asks and the boys nod.

She sighs and shakes her head. "Oh dear, and I'm still human. Do you mind?" She turns to Luke and my eyes widen. It's like she's asking to sit down or something.

"Mom!" My mouth is open in shock at the scene unfolding in front of me.

"What? If Andy's back than I'm not staying human."

"Well than neither am I." I mumble.

"If that's what you want." Luke says slowly. We both nod and he sighs.

"Okay. I'll change you." He says looking at my mom.

"What about me?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"I'm not going to change you yet, it's safer if your human." I scoff and shake my head.

"How?" I ask angrily.

"Well if your a vampire than you can't enter a room without being let in. If your human all you have to do is hide in your dorm or something, better yet all you have to do is hide here. All of us will protect you." Michael explains and I sigh.

I guess he was right, to some degree. "Well who's going to protect you?"

"Ourselves."

"That's not-" I start but my mom cuts me off.

"Change me now and lets argue later." She says.

"No! I'm not going to let you change her unless you change me too." I cross my arms and raise an eyebrow.

They all sigh and I look back to get some help from Niall, he's always got my back, but him and his boyfriends are gone.

I look back and the boys are all exchanging looks.

"Let's go upstairs." Luke says to my mom and I scoff.

"Change me too!" I probably sound like a whiny kid but I don't care, I want to be strong, so I can defend myself, so they don't have to do it for me.

Calum sighs and walks up to me, cupping my cheeks. "Baby...everything's going to be okay. We're going to keep you safe."

I sigh. Did they think I didn't trust them or something? Of course I knew they were going to keep me safe. I just wanted to be able to keep them safe.

"I know you guys will, that's not what I was saying." I mumble and he smiled, leaning down and kissing me softly.

I close my eyes and sigh when he pulls away. I turn slightly and see that Luke and my mom are gone.

"That was a distraction wasn't it?" I ask, slightly annoyed.

"Partly, but what I said was true." He says and I roll my eyes.

"I know that." I turn around and try to go up the stairs but someone wraps their arms around my waist and pulls me back. They don't let go either, just pull me to their chest and hold me there.

Lauren and Harry give me a sympathetic look before walking upstairs too. "No!" I yell and struggle against whoever is holding me, but to no avail because they are way to strong compared to my human strength.

So my entire family would change...but not me.

Calum pulls me to the couch where he sets me down. I glare up at the both of them and they just give me a smile.

I try to get up again but Michael pushes me back down. "Stop!" I say annoyed but they don't listen.

"I'm sorry but it's safer if you're human." Michael says again.

I give up and lay down on my back. "This is bullshit." I mutter under my breath.

They both chuckle. "Glad you find this funny." I snarl.

"Oh stop being so sore." Calum mumbles and I just huff and turn on my side so my back is facing them.

Shouldn't I be able to choose if I stay human or not? I mean I am the one that Andy is after.

"Maybe we should distract him?" Michael asks and I turn to see Calum smirk and nod.

"What do you mean distract-" I'm cut off by Michael pulling me up and sitting me on his lap.

Calum starts to kiss all over my neck and I gasp.

"W-what..." I trailed off as Calum found my sweet spot and Michael started to kiss me.

They definitely knew how to make me speechless, and yeah, I was definitely distracted.