Epilogue

Calum
I walked down the street, my hands stuffed in my pockets. It was a nice day, I wish it wasn't but it was. I still had a dark hole in my heart or it felt like I did.

It had been almost 7 years (a/n: OLD) since we lost Ashton. It still hurt every day, every hour and every minute. I missed him like crazy. I couldn't do it anymore, the last few years were hell, knowing I would never see Ashton, or hold him, or hear his laugh or see his smile ever again.

I had been toying with the idea of joining him wherever he was. And I felt it. Today was the day. And I knew it.

I sighed and sat down on a bench. Kids were laughing and running around the little park. My throat closed up and I sniffled as tears threatened to fall.

Why couldn't he be here? Why couldn't I have saved him? I put my head in my hands and let my tears fall down my face.

All these people, they were here because of Ashton, because he didn't let Andy win. I wanted to hate them, to despise the human race, for if it wasn't for them then Ashton wouldn't have been fighting in the first place. But I couldn't hate them. I couldn't hate them because Ashton loved them.

I looked up at the sky then down to the trees. I could tear a branch off and end it with the lighter in my pocket. I swallowed thickly and stood up. I couldn't take this pain any longer. It was time to see Ashton again.

Something hitting my head made me stop. Then I looked down at my feet. Someone threw a ball at me. I slowly picked it up and threw it up in the air before catching it. I set it back down on the ground, the grass was cold under my fingers.

"I'm sorry." A little voice mumbled.

"It's fine." I muttered, keeping my eyes on the ball near my feet.

"I didn't mean to make you cry! I'll kiss it better I promise! Mom always says to kiss boo boos better!" I rolled my eyes at the kid, that was cute I had to admit but he couldn't kiss the boo boos I was feeling. Not even Luke and Michael could make me feel happy anymore. I was just to lost and depressed, it wasn't like they weren't exactly the same because they were.

"Sorry kid, but I'm fine." I muttered and picked up the ball again, I handed it to him then walked away, telling him, "Just be careful next time." Before walking closer to my fate.

I had only taken a few steps before I felt a little hand grab mine. I looked down at the small hand holding mine with a confused expression. The little boy adjusted his little baseball cap, ignoring my stare.

"It's okay to be sad you know. Because that's what friends are for and your family too! They'll make you happy and make all your boo boos go away." I shook my head and carefully pulled my hand from his.

"I don't have a family anymore. And I don't have any friends. I don't want any." I muttered.

"Well that's not good. That's okay I'll be your friend." I shook my head again.

"Look kid I don't need any friends. I don't want any."

"That's not true, everyone wants a friend, you need them too, they help you when you're sad." He grabbed my hand again and I sighed.

"Didn't your momma ever tell you not to talk to strangers? So shoo." I didn't mean to be rude to the kid but he was acting like I was a family friend, and if he was like this with strangers then he was gonna get snatched up.

"She did! How did you know?" He asked with a confused expression.

I couldn't keep my eyes on him, I kept looking over his head. I was staring longingly at the woods behind him. I could slip away from him and be gone within seconds. But for some reason that felt wrong. This poor innocent boy was just trying to help a stranger, no matter how wrong it was, he had a heart of gold, I could tell.

"I don't know kid." I muttered.

"It's okay though, you're not a stranger, you're my friend." I shook my head and sighed...again.

"I just met you kid, you don't talk to friends this much when you just meet them." I bull shit him and he nods seriously.

"Yea but I didn't just meet you." He says and I scrunch my eyebrows up.

"Look kid I have to go." I muttered and started walking away.

"Okay I'll see you later then." I rolled my eyes. No you won't. "But tell the one with yellow hair and the one with red hair that I said I miss them." He waved to me but I stopped in my tracks.

I turned to him and really looked at him. "How-who..." I couldn't form a solid question.

"I saw you before. When I go to bed I have a dream about you and the two other heroes. We always have fun playing hide and seek from the bad guy." He smiled and shifted his cap up some.

"H-how old are you?" I ask and he shows me a toothy grin, one of his front teeth missing.

"I just turned this many." He held up his hands, 7 fingers up while the other 3 were folded down.

"You're seven?" I asked carefully and he nodded.

"I-"

"Ashton! Come on baby!" I looked up at a woman who was glaring at me, running towards us.

"It's okay I won't tell her." He said with a smile.

"Tell her what buddy?" I ask and he giggles, I smile at the sound, my chest lightening up, the dark hole being stitched up.

"That I'm leaving with you. It's okay I'll wait past my bed time tonight for you." I couldn't help but smile even wider.

He jumped on me suddenly as I crouched down to his level. "I missed you. I haven't seen you for a long time. I thought you left me. It's been so long and I was sad but it's okay right?" He opened his arms wide as he talked about how long ago it was, he was so cute.

"I know I'm sorry buddy. But it's better now." He smiled wide and hugged me again before the women suddenly ripped him from my grip, glaring at me. "Pedophile." She muttered.

I laughed under my breath and got up, tailing them from the park before leaving home to the boys where they waited with heavy hearts, but not anymore.

It's better now, most definitely.

Sorry if I got you guys in the last chapter XD

I didn't want to give anything away. But I freaking loved writing this story! It was great and I'm gonna miss it :)

Hope you all enjoyed!

Stay lovely🌹

-Olivia