Chapter 4: My Apologies, Madame Part 2

When Jack spotted the island, he immediatley headed towards the bold palace that stood out of the sight above the island. He rushed his way to the palace and soon reached the front doors. His bare feet landed on the old familiar soil of the island grounds as he faced the doors and steps across of him. Jack walks to the door, and bangs his fist hard onto it. He heard voices and footsteps behind the door, they paused, and the door soon opened. Leukosia peeked through the crease when she opened the door. 

She frowned, "Jack what are you...?"

"Where is she?" He urged.

"Who are you talking about?"

He raised an eyebrow in a gesture that said, 'Really?'.

She raised her head in realization, "Jack, you really angered her, and the rest of us. I don't think this is a good time to-"

Leukosia could barely finish because Jack completely ignored her, and shoved himself through the door and inside. She hesitated then gave up. Jack walked to the staircase of the main room, and before he could take another step closer, a blade was tossed to his head. Close shot though, it sliced some specks of his hair strands that stood up, then the blade hit the wall. 

Jack jumped at the sudden attack, he looked over and saw Parthenope sitting on a loveseat with Cupid next to her. She was even looking at Jack when she had tossed the blade, only sharpening her small knife. 

"Seriously, how do you even put up with these random attacks?" Jack asked Cupid.

Cupid shrugged, "You get use to it after a while."

"You shouldn't be here, Frost." Parthenope says bluntly, then cleans her knife with a cloth, "You are not wanted at this moment, espcially after what happen this morning."

She looked up at him, raising an eyebrow at him in annoyance. 

"I know, I know. I messed up, big time." Jack explained, "But I will apologize to her, and make it up to her, I promise. I just need to talk to her, please."

Parthenope and Leukosia exchanged looks, then looked at Jack.

"She's alsleep in her bedroom, after her accident a few minutes ago, she hasn't woken up yet. You can go, but do not wake her." Parthenope mutters.

Jack smiled, then asked, "What did happen to her? I saw that she just fell out of the sky."

"Same here." Cupid said then raised his hand, "We're waiting for an answer from her. So we'll find out after she wakes up."

"I'll let her know." said Jack as he strolls up the stairs quickly, and down the hallways to the familar old door of Juri's bedroom when she was still living in Anthemoessa. He placed his hand on the golden door knob and sighed. Finally, he turned the knob and the door clicked, and opened. A gust of wind rushed at him as he entered the room. Jack's eyes spotted Juri on her bed, still resting. She looked different that it concerned Jack. He sat next to her on the empty space next her, to get a better look at her difference. 

Juri appeared to be paler than usual, that her usual blush had faded. Her pink lips were pale too, and her breathing was raspy. Jack touched her hand, and she was colder than usual. It worried Jack a lot, he felt his heart pound in his chest. His fingers touched her hair to see any difference, and noticed a few things falling. Jack looked at his finger tips and saw black specks laying on them.

"What the..?" He whispers to himself, his eyebrows scrunched together in confusion. He rubbed the specks and felt that it was something familar as well. He grabbed more specks from the farther back of her head, and more fell onto his hand. His eyes went wide eyed, when he realized what it was.

"Parthenope! Leukosia!" He called and ran downstairs, "Call the rest of the Guardians now!"

****

North barged into the palace doors and greeted the Queens and Cupid. Toot, Bunny, and Sandy followed behind as they said their greetings.

"Guys." Jack says, they all looked at him, "I need to talk to you guys, especially you Sandy."

Sandy looked at him confused, but nodded. The Guardians went upstairs after Jack, entering Juri's bedroom. When they saw her sleeping, they began to question it.

"Earlier, I don't know what exactly happened, but she fell out of the sky, literally." Jack said, "There was this huge explosion and she fell out of this cloud of blue and black stuff. Don't you guys think that's weird?"

"Yeah, that is." Tooth responds.

"So that's all you had to say, when you could have messaged all of us and tell us!" Bunny says.

"Yeah but I wanted Sandy to see this." 

Sandy stepped forward to Jack and to the side of Juri's bed. 

"Check this out, I found it after I came in here."

Jack then turned Juri to her side, then revealed what was behind her head, that it shocked Sandy. A large spot of black sand sat behind her head, swirling in a clockwise movement. The Guardians looked and looked confused.

"What is that?" North asked.

Sandy looked at North then turned to Juri again. His golden hand reached over to the swirling blob and his fingers touched the sand, in attempt to cleanse it. Though, as soon as he touched it, he jerked his hand back quickly, wincing. Sandy shook it, to take away the pain. He rubbed his hand and looked at Jack in worry.

Jack and the Guardians were worried too, this thing hurt Sandy just by touching it. They all began to wonder, where did this come from? And what was it doing to Juri?