five; the adventures of catman

It all went so quickly after that. Bucky turned around after throwing the mattress against the wall, looking at the door the Special Forces were trying to knock down. He looked, grabbing the small table he had in the corner with his mechanical hand, and threw it. It lodged itself into the door frame, blocking them from entering.

Lara covered her face when two officers jumped through the windows, spraying glass everywhere. Bucky punched one, incapacitating him. The other one got ready to shoot, and Lara panicked, seeing the rug on the floor and pulling it, knocking the officer off balance. As he fell his finger pulled the trigger, making bullets fly into the walls and roof.

Bucky hit the one that came in the window closer to him again, this time in the back, sending him flying towards the door. The cable the officer had used to scale the building caught him before he flew into the wall, but it sent him hurtling towards the ground.

The door that had been in front of Lara opened, and the girl teleported out of the way not to get it. She ended up behind Bucky, who had made his way to the door, and hit the officer who was trying to get in.

"Buck, stop!" Steve protested, grabbing the Soldier's shoulder. Bucky swung around, ducking his head under Steve's arm as to turn around, facing the Captain. "You're gonna kill someone."

Lara shrieked when Bucky sent Steve onto his back, punching into the wood beside his face with his metal arm. "I'm not gonna kill anyone," Bucky said, before pulling out a backpack from under the floor boards. Lara had to admire how prepared he was for situations like this.

Bucky then through it out the doorway, Lara rushing to the window to see where is landed. It was on the roof of the next building over, and Lara took in the area. Just in case she needed to teleport over there at any moment.

An officer entered through the window that Lara was standing at, making her scurry backwards. He started to shoot at Bucky, the man using his metal arm to deflect the bullets before Steve helped with his shield. Lara glared at the officer, sending a kick to the side of the head that wasn't blocked, successfully knocking him out with one blow. Another officer popping his head and fun in through the window, and Bucky sent Steve flying towards him. Steve flew through the window shield first, knocking the man back, and out (probably).

Once the gun shots were heard, Lara furrowing her eyes as she watched the door hinges get blown off, Bucky turned to her. "A little help, Lara?"

Lara looked at the door, then at Bucky, before running and jumping, getting thrown feet first into the door. Once she had knocked the door out of the way, in mid air she teleported back to standing beside Bucky, who was already starting to make his way out of the door.

Lara rushed forward as one of the officers came through the skylight of the stairwell. She jumped onto him, swing him into the wall, smashing his head into it. Once he swung back, she landing softly on her feet, eyebrows furrowing when she noticed how far down Bucky had got in that moment. And all of the men he had fought through.

Lara rushed down the stairs as fast as she could, trying to catch up with Bucky. Though, she was stopped by two men, and she felt herself tense. Ducking out of the way of a first punch, Lara hit one of the men in the stomach, winding him. She then stood up straight, landing a blow to the neck of the other man. Letting out a grunt as a blow was delivered to her side, she kicked one man in the gut, sending him down the small array of stairs and into the wall, before teleporting behind the other guy and kicking him in the back of the head. This sent him head first into the wall, knocking him out on the process.

By the time this had been dealt with, Steve had caught up with her, and both were now rushing to catch up with Bucky. Steve had leapt across the gap in the middle of the stairs, landing in front of Bucky as the Winter Soldier fought off some men. Lara rushed up behind them and assisted, kicking one of them in the back and sending them to the railing. Bucky pushed him the extra inch, and he was about to topple over the side, and he did, but Steve caught him.