17~Consequences

I groggily sat up when my consciousnesses returned. I flinched when I saw my mate standing at the edge of the bed. "What do you want?" I murmured quietly. 

   He snarled at me, "You let her escape, you aided her." 

   I leaned my head against the pillow and turned away from him. "She was eleven, Vincenzo. She was terrified and she was an orphan because of you."

   He laughed cruelly, "This world is full of orphans! No one gives a shit! Did you see what she did? She shifted. She shifted and you don't think that's strange?"

   My fingers glided over the sore spot where the guard had broken my neck. "She's gonna kill her, one day. Piper, I mean. Nemesis is going to watch as the light leaves her eyes."

   Blazing gold eyes stared at me with such hate, I shrunk away. His hand flew into contact with my face, causing me to cry out. He bared his teeth at me, "Stop being a jealous whore, it's unbecoming. Leave Pip alone and just accept that it will always be her. I love her and my pup, always will. You might be my mate but I don't love you." he said coldly.

   I felt my sore neck loll to the side. "I know, I know. It will always be her and I will always be wondering what could have been." I watched him clench his fists. "Goodbye, Vincenzo."

   He shook his head and walked out the door, without another glance backwards. Nausea overtook me and I fell against the side of the hospital bed, dry hacking. Vomit spilled from my mouth, creating a puddle on the floor. I shivered and cried out. Why is it that this male left my heart stripped and bare? Left me without common sense and logic?

   The pack healer walked in, "Over the past days you've acquired a lot of scar tissue and wounds. I'd suggest keeping inside and not getting into anymore fights or doing anything crazy. You've been out for a few days, so keep in the protein." He spoke his next words with no hint of emotion. "We wouldn't want that future in your belly getting hurt."

   I felt dazed when he walked away, not fully comprehending his words. No logic, common sense. Stripped bare. These were the fruits of my actions. This is what happens. Now, I have to bring a child into my world. Sickness arrives with the thought. My body shakes with sobs and vomits out any of the food I've been getting while I was unconscious. Consequences

~

I was back in my cell for minutes before my mate came storming in. I winced as he punched the wall of my new private cell. Tucking my knees under my chin, I glanced at him. He destroyed everything in sight, the bucket for relieving myself, the dirty bed, along with the one source of light I had. 

I glared at him in hate, "I said goodbye. It was supposed to be goodbye. Why wasn't it goodbye?" I screamed, falling against the wall as I sobbed. 

"Why didn't you tell me?" he shouted angrily.

   I shivered in fear and wrapped my arms around my stomach. "I didn't know."

   "You were vomiting in the morning! What else was it? The chicken you ate?" he mocked.

    I flinched away from his eyes, "You don't need to love it."

   He shook his head, "The baby is mine. I need an heir."

   I laughed bitterly, "Didn't you get Piper knocked up too? Go take her baby."

   He huffed in annoyance, "Her baby can't be alpha. She is not my mate, only the one in your stomach will have the proper instincts."

   I clenched my fists, "You can't take it. It's mine."

   "If I want the baby, I will have it."

~

    I laid against the soft pillow, in the room Vincenzo had me moved to. I reached out when I saw a blur pass through the room. Vampire speed. 

   Achlys held me softly against his chest, "I can hear the baby's heartbeat ." he muttered.

   I felt panic grip me at the acknowledgement that a baby was in my stomach. I fought hard against the tears, but they fought harder. I sobbed quietly against his warm body. "He won't love the baby. He just wants an heir." I spat bitterly.

   He rested his chin on my head, "Do you love him, Araceli?"

   I shook my head, "No. Love is not love unless it is returned." And he let me cry. 

A/N: #SORRYNOTSORRY

Get revenge on that vote button! Slap that bitch.