Chapter Four

(A / N: ADDIE'S BALL DRESS AND ETC IN EXTERNAL LINK)

I woke up to Tyler barging through my door and throwing something at my head and slamming a box down on my bed.

"Dick." I muttered to myself as he slammed my door shut.

I looked at the letter and saw my name in cursive on the front. I sat up in bed and opened it. It was an invitation to the Mikealson Family Ball. I smiled then got up to open the box. I opened it and saw the most beautiful dress I have ever seen. My mouth dropped and I took it out of the box holding it up to me looking in the mirror. I set it on my bed and ran into Tyler's room. He was packing a bag frantically and he stopped when he saw me.

"Ty..where are you going?" I asked.

"Addie. Don't say anything to mom. But I'm leaving, I promise you brother to sister I'll be back."

A tear slipped down my cheek and I nodded. He closed his bag and ran down the stairs me running after him. I grabbed his arm before he left and hugged him tightly.

"Where ever you are going be safe. And please please call me. I can keep a secret but not for long. I'll also watch Caroline for you." He smiled as I spoke and kissed my forehead. I shut the door after he left and locked it. I walked back up the stairs to my room and admired my dress once again. I need accesories to go with it...shopping. I quickly brushed my teeth and threw on a T-shirt, Jacket and jeans before going to the nearest jewlery store. I walked in and was looking around when someone tapped my shoulder. It was a man who slightly looked like Kol.

"Hello. I'm Elijah Mikaelson, your Adelaide right?" He smiled.

"Yes I am. Nice to meet you Elijah."

"Nice meeting you also. You know Kol quite fancies you, more than any other woman."

A slight blush appeared on my cheeks and I smiled.

"I like him alot too, more than any other man."

He smiled and turned around to a glass case and told the clerk something. She smiled and opened the case taking out a beautiful black victorain looking necklace choker thing. I was in awe as Elijah placed it around my neck.

"Perfect. It will go perfect with your dress also." He smiled and I looked in a mirror.

"It looks so expensive."

"It's free. Kol has already paid for it. He knew you would come here looking for a necklace so her bought that one and made me wait here for you to show up."

I laughed and took of the necklace handing it to the clerk. She smiled and put it in a bag handing it to me. When I turned around to thank Eljiah he was gone. I walked out of the store and started heading towards the grill. I walked in and sat at a table. Matt walked over to me and I smiled at him.

"Hey you." I said.

"Hey Addie. You go shopping?"

"Yeah, for the Mikaelson Ball tonight."

"Your going too?"

"Yeah. Kol Mikaelson is kind of sort my uhh..we don't really have a label so technically you could say he's my labeless boyfriend."

Matt laughed and told me that he was going at Rebekah Mikaelson's date. Wow how many damn siblings does Kol have? I ate a burger and talked to Matt before heading home. I now have 5 hours to get everything done. As soon as I got home I got in the shower and then got out throwing on my strapless bra and underwear. I put on sweats then starting blow drying my hair. Once my hair was dry I started working on my makeup. Once my make up was done I looked at my phone and saw Kol had called me. I decided not to call him back and decide on what I want to do with my hair. I looked at my clock and saw I have 2 hours to get comepletely ready. I slid out of my sweats and put on my dress. I smiled at it on me in the mirror and put on my black pumps. I curled my hair and braided one side of it. I put on my lace black gloves and the necklace. I was completely ready and just in time. I put on some lips gloss and grabbed my phone and black clutch before heading downstairs. Matt was picking me up. I saw him outside walked over to his car.