18~Vixen

I grip the red cup in my hand as whispers circulate around me. The ShadowMoon wolves murmured about me with cold faces. Piper's new friends glared heatedly at me and stared at my abdomen. I rested my hand protectively on my stomach. My advanced hearing picked up on the perverted comments the males made about me. I growled when Piper came over with her fucking round belly.

   "Alcohol's not good for the baby." she said sweetly. 

   I faked a smile and spilled it on her dress for the party. "Actually, it's water." No matter how petty it was, it satisfied me. 

   I weaved through the crowd and ignored the spiteful shoves and insults. Achlys was lounging on the couch, sipping beer. His arms slung around me and pulled me close. "So, they're letting the riffraff in for the party?" I whispered.

   He smirked, "You're one to talk."

   "Seriously though, how'd you get in."

   He flashed his fangs, "Sucked the guards dry."

   I snickered, "You blow 'em good?"

   He shoved me off a couch, "Just cause you're knocked up, doesn't mean I won't throw you out the window if you make blowjob jokes." he grinned. I pulled his shirt towards me and leaned in close, "Let's get out of here."

   He grinned and flashed the finger at the murmuring pack members. I laughed and bolted out the house, him chasing after. I shifted quickly and felt the wind tear at my fur. Howling kept me grounded. I was stone, cold hard stone. Unbreakable and forever lasting. Leaves crunched under the grey paw of my wolf. I let her take control, allowing her freedom.

   She ran and ran, only stopping to drink at the small lake. My wolf whined out when she saw two deer nuzzling. She howled at the empty night sky, begging for her mate. I seamlessly felt the rush of pain and anguish when I took control from my wolf and shifted. I sat alone in the empty clearing full of flowers. I looked down at my stomach, "Hi." I said awkwardly, uncomfortable at talking to my stomach. "I'm your mom..."

   I stared down at my stomach, waiting for a kick, or anything. "It's not going to be easy." I said quietly. "It will just be me and you, but that's more than I've ever had, so I'll be fine." 

   I gripped crisp, fallen leaves from the ground. "I don't know how big you are in there, but I'm sure when you come out you'll be beautiful. We'll take care of each other, yeah? You and me?"

   There was a rustle as a nude red-head came into view. "You're different that they say." she spoke in a British accent. "They said you were rude and selfish."

   I glared at her. "I am. Thanks, by the way, for stalking me."

   She cocked her pale head at me, "You're lonely."

   "I have Achlys, Logan, Jenna, and this thing in my stomach."

   "Yes. Physically, you are not alone, but in your mind it is an endless sea of faces that will never care."

    "Are you here to taunt me? Because then you can get away and fuck yourself."

   She ignored me and shifted into an auburn wolf. Realization dawned on me. "You're that bitch that attacked me on the full moon." I groaned.

   The wolf huffed and nudged my leg towards the woods. Red streaks of fur ran up her back, inlaid with gold fur. She possibly was the most beautiful wolf I had ever seen, with her breathtaking fur and hazel eyes. The lithe body of her wolf streaked past me and disappeared into the dark woods. I cautiously pressed my small form to the ground and inched towards the towering trees. I whined out when thorns pushed into my wounds. Suddenly stopping, the red wolf pounced on a white rabbit. 

   My mouth watered as hunger took over. I ran past her and ripped a piece of the rabbit from her jaws. She snarled at me and chased after. We were just blurs of colors, racing in the woods. I halted quickly when I heard another heartbeat, different from mine or the red wolf's. My wolf seized control and blinked at her stomach. The heartbeat was her pup's. My wolf howled in triumph. Not even her mate could take her child now. It was her's and she was its. 

   The red wolf shifted back into her human form and cocked her head at my wolf. "I can hear the heartbeat." she said with a lilted British accent. "It's a strong one."

   I shifted and looked up at her. "I never got your name."

   "Vixen, as in a female fox. When I was born I had my full head of red hair so my parents called me fox." she explained.

   "Your wolf is beautiful."

    She smirked with red lips, "I know."

    The corners of my lips twitched, "I like you."

    "I know."

~

   I sat at the booth and watched Piper laugh with my mate. He lovingly rubbed her stomach and pecked her on the lips. Playing with my straw was not half as fun as what Vixen was doing. Her wild red hair flew around as she danced with a smirking boy. I huffed when Achlys came over with blood staining his shirt. "Can you be any more obvious?" I hissed.

   He shrugged and licked the extra blood off his lips. "Why does every hang around this lame place?"

   I ignored him and focused on Piper and Vincenzo. They had moved to a secluded booth so they could make out. I felt jealousy rise up as I watched the lips that had kissed me, kiss another woman. He pulled away from her and caught my gaze. My mate dropped his eyes and stared at my stomach for a split second before stepping away from Piper and ordering drinks.

A/N: The amount of support people have been giving is amazing! It makes me so happy and makes me want to write even more <3 Thank you to everyone who added my story to their reading lists, voted, followed, and read!

Don't be a ghost! VOMMENTTTTTTTTTTT