Chapter 11

I woke up on a chair in the middle of a basement looking room. "Silas!" I screamed. "Let me go!"

No answer.

"Silas! I swear to god ill-" I was about to carry on when he cut me off.

"You'll what?" He laughed. I looked up to see him on a platform about 11 meters above me. "When you're down there and I'm up here?"

"Why don't you show me your real face you coward!" I screeched. My arms hurt as they has cuts from the rope that was tying me to the chair.

"So much fire in you!" He said, "maybe you should of been the doppelgänger instead of your whinny sister."

"Where is Stefan? What have you done with him!" I demanded. Really, I was just buying myself time. He couldn't read my thoughts but not if I kept him talking.

"Oh he's dying over and over again until I need him." Silas said calmly.

"What do you mean?" I asked curiously, the ropes were loosening now.

"Don't you worry about that, there are bigger problems for you." He winked.

Without too much fuss, the ropes slipped off, leaving burn marks on my wrists. As soon as I was free, I got up and sprinted toward the door. Without looking back, I pushed the door open and ran toward a car.

Smashing the window, I looked back to see if I was followed. Nope. I jumped in the car and hot wired it. Just as I was about to pull away, Silas appeared in front of the car. I sped into him as hard as I could then drove away.

"Crap, where am I?" I asked myself. Searching for my phone, I realised I must of left it in Damon's car. "Crap crap crap!"

In the car, there was a Sat nav. I'd never used one before but now is a time to start. While driving, I pressed a load of buttons and then typed in my address and got a route. It was going to take a good hour or two so I put in a CD. It was a now 14 CD.

"Wow, really?" I laughed to myself. The car was a mess. Fast food boxes were everywhere on the floor and seats.

Deciding the music was too old and the cd was too scratched, I turned off the music and focused in the road. With nothing to occupy my mind, all my senses were alert. One if them senses happened to be smell...and the smell was terrible. It seemed to be coming from the boot.

I pulled up along side the road, hoping Silas wasn't following and walked round to the boot. the smell got worse the closer I got so I out my hand to my nose. Not that that did a lot but...

Slowly, I lifted the boot and looked inside. "Ah!" I fell back into the ground and closed my eyes. In the boot was a body. A dead body. Must of been in there for at least a week. The neck was bitten into and the eyes were wide open, staring at me.

Then I heard a small muffled noise. A phone ringing. It was coming from the body. I stood up and edged slowly toward the body. I covered my nose with one hand and with the other I grabbed the phone out of the poor mans pocket. I answered it, "hello?" my voice was a little shaky.

"You can run, Maddy. But you can't hide." a mans voice, which could only be Silas', was at the other end of the phone.

I hung up, but not before say, "oh yeah? Well stop being a coward and come get me." I ran back round to the car door and put my seat belt on.

Restarting the car, I dialled Damon's number. "Pick up pick up!" I mumbled.

"Ello?" I heard a sleepy Damon say.

"Damon, thank God. It's not Stefan. Okay. Don't let him in, its Silas!" I panicked.

"What what? Slow down." Damon said.

"Damon, please! I'm scared. And that saying something because I never admit when I'm scared. Especially not to you!" I moaned. Why wouldn't he say something productive?

"Okay, who's with you?" he asked. "And I thought you were gonna be back before Elena goes to College?"

"What? how long have I been away?" I asked.

"2 days!" Damon said, "I've said you were ill for school but I can't do that forever."

"2 freaking days?" I practically screamed. "Anyway, I'm about 10 minutes away from the grill. Meet me there!" I hung up and concentrated on my driving.