Chapter 3: My Little Black Dress

Weeks passed by since the night in the meadows. Things were going downhill quickly. Tristan couldn't make up his mind about claiming me. He told me it was a mistake to lead me on after the night in the meadow. He said to just forget about it.

The look in his eyes told me he was lying, but I didn't push him any further. If he wanted time then that's what I was going to give him. It hurt my heart but I would do whatever it took to make him happy.

The night classes he picked up were becoming harder, mentally and physically. He picked my partner every time since the accident with Freddie. He mostly made me partner with girls. He couldn't stand to see me horse around with the other guys.

He continued to date Astrid. Hannah had to hold me back the other day. I almost shifted and kicked her sister's ass when she threw her relationship with Tristan in my face. Astrid didn't know we were mates but she knew it riled me up.

I almost stooped to his level. Freddie kept inviting me out to dinner but I couldn't go through with it. Instead Hannah suggested a girl's night. We would get dressed up for ourselves and go to a fancy restaurant.

My short, mid-thigh, little black dress clung to my body and accentuated every curve. It showed just enough cleavage to be sexy but stayed tasteful. It was payback at Tristan. I couldn't even imagine how furious he was going to be. But I didn't care how mad he got.

His denial was becoming more real every day. My heart was getting used to the stabbing pains I felt every day and night.

"Are you ready?" Hannah asked. She had been holed up in the bathroom for almost an hour as she put on her make-up.

I was excited to finally get out of the house. I was ready to get my mind off of all the craziness that had been going on. I pushed Tristan out of my mind as we walked outside. Hannah's red Mercedes SUV was parked in my driveway.

The Hollows wolves liked to drive expensive SUV's. They were known to go off-roading on the weekend. The Shadowlands wolves were known for their fast motorcycles. I loved feeling the wind rushing through my hair while on the back of a speeding bike.

"So where are we going this lovely evening?" I asked while she drove us to the village.

"Our favorite Italian place we love so much. Afterwards I thought we could meet up with the gang and walk around."

"Of course."

The gang included Logan, Jerry, and Freddie.

"Did you finish you War essay?"

"Ari, I'm not going to do your homework for you," she laughed, shaking her head at me.

"It was worth a shot," I mumbled under my breath.

After ten minutes we pulled into the parking lot. We walked into the restaurant and took our usual seats in the back. It was more private.

"I saved you the best wine tonight, Ari," one of the young male waiters winked at me. The waiters loved when we visited. They constantly hit on us and we flirted a little back.

"And then he just lay down in front of me looking extremely embarrassed that he had been caught by his Alpha."

His smooth baritone voice that I loved spoke from the booth across from us. The rest of his table roared with laughter. A high-pitched giggle caught my attention.

My eyes narrowed. I leaned away from the table to see Astrid, Tristan, and a few other of his pack members eating dinner.

"What are you looking at?" Hannah asked curiously. Her eyes followed my gaze to her sister and the Alpha's dinner table.