Chapter 7

"If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard, is what makes it great"

-Tom Hanks-

***

Destiny's P.O.V

Stefano is currently in Rome for a businness requirement, meanwhile Alan is currently at school. Meanwhile, i am here, in the dining room, with Wendy, training how to use the right tools for eating. This is silly. Really.

Stefano did say that from now on i will have training. I knew being the wife of a well mannered billionaire was not easy. But to be honest, this is too much. Way too much.

I mean, do people really pay that much attention to how i eat ? What is this, the nineteenth century ?

But after what happened that night at the party. Stefano changed slightly. How should i say it ? He is more... cautious ? But he never said a word about me slapping, well, his ex wife.

However i am a little worried about Alan. Alan has become unsettlingly quiet after the party. Maybe what that woman said did hit him somewhere inside. I mean, how can anyone say such horrible words to her own son. I mean, maybe she didn't want Alan, but still, what's done is done, she won't gain anything by hurting his feeling.

"Destiny, is everything alright ?" Wendy's voice wakes me up from my daydream. "Yeah, i am fine" i say, but my voice doesn't agree with me, and Wendy catches that.

"Are you worried about Alan ?" She asks me. I can only nod in return. She sigh a bit and look at me straight in the eyes.

"Let's take a break first" she cleans everything. I feel bad being this way when she is trying so hard in training me. I should have appreciated her effort more. What would others say if i keep on behaving this way ?

"Let's have a little talk, shall we ?" She brings me to the lounge room. And both of us sit down while enjoying a cup of tea. Mine is chamomile tea while hers is original black tea.

"Do you know why Stefano acts that way around her wife ?" She starts the conversation. I shake my head. Wendy takes a sip before she continues.

"His marriage with Meredith, was an arranged one"

I see, that's why Meredith said she never loved Stefano. But, what about his feeling towards her ? I am curious about this ever since then.

"But the ended up together anyway, and had a son together, and named him Alan" her face lightens up a bit in the mention of Alan.

"I remember when i was invited to the baby shower, when i saw the little boy for the first time, he was the most adorable thing i have ever seen" she chuckles a little, seems to be lost in a flashback.

"How was Meredith attitude towards Alan ? Did she love him or what ?" It is my turn to ask, because i wonder whether she acted like that since the beginning, or others.

"No, in the beginning, she loved Alan, he was so precious for her, i could see it on her eyes as she held him" for some reason, jealousy creeps inside me again. I imagined Alan as a baby, i have seen his photos, but i wonder, what does it feel like to hold him in my arms ?

"Then, why ?" Wendy sigh, and look at me once again.
"I have said to much, it might be better if you hear the whole story from Stefano himself" she says as she finishes her tea. I follow her and takes the last sip of my tea.

"But i just want to say this" she puts down her cup and stands up, while tidying her dress.

"Stefano, and Alan, they both love you now" she gives me a warm and comforting smile.

"the past doesn't really matter, what's important is fulfilling your duty as a good wife and mother now"

"Now, do you feel better ?" She asks me. I nod. She has done so much in comforting me, so at least i shouldn't postpone the training and waste her effort any longer

"Great, let's continue"

***

Alan's P.O.V

I see mama in the dining room as i get back from school. Mama is currently training with Mrs Wendy. She is trying so hard right now, and i love watching her.

I might be a child, but i am not that stupid. I can see how hard mama has been working since the beginning for me and papa.

And i remember how she defended me from my birth mama at the party.

I miss my real mama, but she doesn't miss me. At that time, i wanted to cry, but i am a big boy, i shouldn't cry.

My real mama said she doesn't want me, and she never liked me.

I wonder... if it's true.

My real mama, doesn't want me because i am a bad boy ?
If so, if i become a good boy, will she likes me ? But her expression, was scary. I don't want to see her anymore.

Meanwhile, my current mama, she is nice, gentle, and warm. I don't know where she came from. But she looks like an angel.

That is why, i want to be good as well ! Right ! If i become a good boy, my current mama will like me even more, right ?

Okay, i have decided ! I will study and work hard, and i will grow up quickly and become like papa, so mama will be happy !

Papa will tease me if he knows i think about such complicated things. But papa underestimate me ! I am a big boy already, i can do stuff on my own !

"Alan, what are you doing there ?" Mama suddenly look at me. I didn't realize she notices me.

She approaches me and crouch down. "Did you just get back from school ? Do you want me to make lunch now ?" She asks me with earnest eyes.

She is so sincere, it makes me want to cry.

I don't know how to respond, so i give her a hug instead.

She seems surprised by my sudden hug. But she doesn't dislike it, so i don't let go.
She returns my hug and she pat my back gently.

"What's wrong ? Why are you acting like this all of a sudden ?"

I cannot say a word, but she seems to understand. She slowly lean up and give me a smile.

"Let's make lunch together"