about not knowing enough | 06

ashley king | the neighborabout not knowing enough | 06

about not knowing enough | 06

Axel,

     It's completely insane that I've been your neighbor since we were kids, and I still don't know much about you. I bet a fucking cashier at stupid Target knows more about you than I ever could, and that's honestly sad to think about. And it's not like you're a bad guy because you aren't, but I guess fate wasn't kind enough to let us be close friends. Fate was definitely the bad guy in this situation, and I think you'd be the one to agree with that statement. I don't know, actually. I didn't know you well enough to just make an assumption like that.

I would've liked to know you. I've always been this socially awkward person who was too shy and weird to be the first one to step up and simply say 'hi' whenever I saw you. And I don't blame you for not getting to know me first because I avoided you when I could. I regret doing that, honestly, since a great person like you is suddenly gone, and I just didn't get the chance to be your friend. There's nothing we can do about it now, I guess.

     Perks of having anxiety, yay. I think I spent too much time at home, especially with my parents worried on my behalf. They're scared someone will do something because of my colored-skin, so I've always been closed up and protected, and I want to hate my parents for doing that to me, but I could never do such a thing. They're only looking out for me in this cruel world.

     Fuck, this letter isn't even supposed to be about me. It's supposed to be about you: the gone, the beloved, the dead. The one that I didn't know well enough to write a meaningful letter, and I feel like I'm a disappointment to you right now. Your girlfriend will probably accidentally skim through this and begin to regret asking me to write this in the first place. But she wouldn't dare. She's too kind and wonderful and different and perfect to do such a thing.

     This letter turned out to be more about the things around me rather than you as a person. 

Axel Whitman, well, there's a lot I could've said about you — maybe more if you weren't, y'know, dead.

     And I was incapable of learning the obvious facts. I don't know anymore, but your presence is definitely missed by many.

Your neighbor,
Ashley King

_____________________________

here yA go, folks! Hope you cried or enjoyed!

And if you notice the number one next to the title, then you know exactly what's going to happen. Basically, a SEQUEL!

And I'll give you a hint: the second book will involve Axel in a different way.

LOVE YOU ALLLLLLLL

•vote•comment•follow•