about supportiveness | 07

francesca jones | the exabout supportiveness | 07

about supportiveness | 07

Hey Axel,

     It's funny how quickly things change.

     Ever since we broke up in the eight grade, we just stopped talking all together. It was a mutual break up, of course, but it was just hard to go back to being friends. It's some vicious cycle — strangers, friends, lovers, and then strangers again. Then, in freshman year of high school, you started dating one of your best friends, Reagan Farrow. And, well, the two of you have been together ever since, and I can't even be jealous because your relationship is the epitome of true love. You were meant to be together in every world and universe out there. There's no way to deny that, Axel.

Another change that I wasn't prepared for was your death. Well, nobody can be prepared for such a tragic thing. And even though we weren't in each other's lives anymore, I still felt all the side-effects of losing you. I could also see how it affected everyone around me, especially Reagan. For the first couple of weeks, she didn't know how to handle herself, and it truly broke my heart to see her so upset. She's known you for the majority of her life. You were a constant, but then you left, and the world was thrown off its axis.

You were her support system. I know this because she's told me on several occasions. Yes, even with the stereotype, Reagan and I actually became close friends. I was still kind of surprised when she bothered to tell me all this, and even more surprised when she asked me to write this letter to you. I don't know, really, I guess we shared something common — you. For me, this is the only way I can say my final goodbye.

But enough about me and Reagan. This is supposed to be about you, and you only. I mentioned how you're a support system, and honestly you are. Axel, you've always been the most supportive person when it comes to anything. Whenever someone was upset, you'd always be there for them. Even when we were dating, you'd always give a shoulder to lean on and a hand to hold, and that's a really admirable characteristic anyone could have. I can't say that for a lot of people, honestly, especially when there tons of relationships out there that aren't built on support and trust.

That's one of the things someone couldn't doubt about you, however. Your support was undeniable. Axel, goddammit, you were too good for this world, even if there was a fair share of people who denied it. You had a soul and a heart and a great personality. It's a fucking honor to have known someone like you, okay?

     You better think this is a fucking great goodbye letter, or else I'm coming after you. I cried and everything, and I just... really miss you.

     Tell the angels I say hello.

my proper goodbye,
Francesca Jones

______________________________

i def cried writing this chapter. I don't know. It really hit me for some reason.

I hope you enjoyed and cried!

•vote•comment•follow•