about adoring milkshakes | 14

clover williams | the bossabout adoring milkshakes | 14

about adoring milkshakes | 14

Kiddo,

I've known you since before you were born. That makes me feel old every time I think about it, but I should be more grateful for making it to this age. Not a lot of people do, and that's the sad truth. There are accidents in life that we can't control. It happens, people die; people live. It's only a chance of luck.

I've known you for almost eighteen years. I've watched you grow up to be a wonderful person. I've witnessed the best and worst moments of your life. I've been with you almost every step of the way. Sometimes, I even considered to be your second mom, as funny as it is. Daniel and Reagan's second mother, too, even though I haven't known them as long as you. Even little Naomi, who isn't so little anymore.

      All of you would come to the diner after school, whether it be in elementary school, or middle school, or high school. No matter what the weather condition was, or how sick you felt, or the kind of mood you were in, you'd always stop by and say hello. It warmed my heart every time you did. Through that, I learned the little things about you, Axel.

     Like how you adored milkshakes. Any flavor, as long as it was made by me.

     That seems like such an insignificant thing to talk about, but it's the little things that create the bigger picture. You loved milkshakes so much that you begged me to give you a job at my diner. Honestly, no matter how much I appreciated you as a person, there was some things I was skeptical about. But nonetheless, I gave you the job, and I don't regret it to this day. You made every day worth it.

Chocolate was your favorite. Whenever you had the time, you'd whip up a milkshake, but you'd always check to see if I could make one for you. I'd roll my eyes, but I still did it for you because there was no denying you. And I'm glad I did. It was good while it lasted, Kiddo.

     I've actually named the milkshake after you. It felt right, after you passed away and all. Everyone at the diner still misses you, and it's just a good way to keep your memory, you know? I hope you agree.

     I also hope that you forgive me for anything I've said or done in the time I've known you. Don't forget about me or anyone else up there, yeah? We're still here, wondering how the hell you could have left us.

     Love ya, Kiddo.

Clo

______________________________

AYYYYE SECOND UPDATE. FELT LIKE Y'ALL DESERVED IT (:

HOPE YOU CRIED AND ENJOYED, AS ALWAYS.

WORKING ON WHERE IT BEGAN, AS WELL! AND A NEW SHORT STORY THAT I'M REALLY EXCITED ABOUT.

LOVE YOU ALLLLLLLL SOOOOO MUCH!

•vote•comment•follow•