about kindness | 17

georgia whitman | the grandmotherabout kindness | 17

about kindness | 17

My darling,

     I don't even know where to begin.

     I always knew that I wouldn't live for much longer, given that I'm old, and that my time is just around the corner. I genuinely believe that I would've lasted until your college graduation, give or take a few years. And... I've accepted that. We're all destined to die, Axel, some just earlier than others. The thing is, I never imagined you to be one of those people who left us so early on. It seemed impossible because, darling, you're everlasting. You were always everlasting -- soul, mind, and heart.

     And one of the many everlasting characteristics you possessed was your kindness. Ever since you were a small child, I remember that you'd always be eager to help around the house and do chores, while a lot of kids would rather play. Or you'd be willing to share your crayons with other kids and draw them pictures to make them smile. Darling, you were a joy to be around, and your kindness was the main reason why.

     As you got older, you never grew cold. Sure, you matured and stopped hanging around my house, especially since you had so many friends and after school clubs and homework and work and life. But none of that took a toll your personality. Your kindness was still going strong, and I could see it in your mannerisms. Whenever you'd come around, you'd always help me cook up lunch or dinner, and every waking moment was amazing. You'd help wash the dishes and remind me to take my medicine and sit and talk with me until you or I fell asleep.

     I don't know if other people consider that to be a form of generosity and care. To me, it meant the world, Darling. You'd always make a conscious effort to make sure the people around you were okay. I really came to love that about you, Axel. It's one of your best traits, and I really miss having you by my side. I just sometimes wish death took me before it took you.

Gram

_____________________________

(I probably will be updating another chapter today)

AHHHH, THREE MORE CHAPTERS LEFT.

HOPE YOU CRIED AND ENJOYED, LOVES!

I ADORE ALL OF YOU SO MUCH.