Chapter 37 -- Finale

I woke in a tangle of black sheets, silky and soft against my bare skin. I stretched my hands over my head trying to recall memories from the previous night. Beside me, a still sleeping Severus laid.

I thought about waking him but decided against it. I wasn't sure what time it was just that the sun was peaking through the pulled curtains.

I took in the sight of the man besides me, a black curtain of hair covering over his face, arms outstretched towards me, one arm was around the back of my neck the other was draped across my chest. He stirred but didn't wake up. I thought about shoving him awake but decided against it, instead content to curl up closer. Pushing the hair out his eyes I felt a strange tingling in my stomach, something akin to butterflies in my stomach.

"You're awake." He commented, eyes still unopened, causing me to jump slightly.

"Yeah" was all I could manage. His eyes opening slightly, the sun falling between us on the sheets.

"Did...did you have a good time?" I spluttered out, kicking myself when I saw the calculating look on his face.

"Did you?" He retorted, sleep still apparent in his voice.

"I asked you first."

"Indeed." I wasn't sure if was agreeing that I had asked or if that was his answer.

"What time is it?" I asked, ignoring the probability of him knowing the time anymore than I did.

"Close to ten."

"How long have you been awake?"

"Since 5, but, I didn't want to wake you." He said, I felt myself smile.

"That's sweet."

"You used a lot of..." He seemed to struggle for a word, "energy." He decided, sitting up.

I wasn't sure if this was an insult or not.

"Come on now, I'm sure your brother has torn this castle apart looking for you." He said suddenly, sitting up and withdrawing his arm from me, I felt instant cold. I didn't move but instead watched as the sheets pooled around his waist.

"What's that?" I asked, tracing my fingers down scars that lined his back, he seemed to flinch under my touch.

"An old wound. It is nothing to concern yourself with."

"Oh no. We aren't doing this." I said pointedly. He looked over his broad shoulder at me, confusion evident on his face.

"This?" He drawled, the sleep evaporated from his voice.

"The whiplash thing."

"Care to explain?" He asked, eyebrows raised

"Where we act like...like a couple one minute and the next like you can't stand me." I frowned, my forehead creasing in frustration. His look instantly softened.

"Allyson, you are quite a stupid girl." His tone vaguely resembled humor. I huffed.

"That's not a very nice thing to say—" I started, but was cut off as he had turned and leaned down to kiss me. Effectively shutting me up.

"I thought I had made it quite clear how I felt about you."

"Felt?" I breathed

"Feel." He corrected.

"Remind me." I bit my cheek.

"I love you." He said simply, onyx eyes looking deep into my soul as if he had asked a very important question and was seeking some earth shattering answer.