Chapter 63

I know I missed an uploading day! SORRY! But in all fairness I uploaded like 4 chapters on Sunday... :/ This chapter is really short, but the next one will be longer. Enjoy :)

____________________________________________________________________________

**Maddie’s POV**

“I love your mum for taking Lith for two weeks,” I tell George as we lie in bed, cuddling.

“It’s been an amazing two weeks,” he agrees, “and she promised to take care of her when the new baby is born, if we need her too.”

“She’s the best,” I say. I run my hand over the little bump in my belly.

“Five months,” I murmur. George places his hand over mine.

“Only five months,” he whispers, “and we’ll have another little one. Alithea will probably be able to correct our grammar by then.”

“I hope not,” I laugh. We’re silent for a few minutes. George buries his face in my hair.

“I have to go to work tomorrow,” he murmurs, his breath hot against my scalp.

“Mmm,” I reply lazily. I close my eyes and allow sleep to take over.

The next morning when I wake up George is gone. I roll over and feel something wet on my legs.

Oh my goodness, I peed myself.

Feeling silently grateful that George has gone, I kick the sheets off and freeze.

I didn’t pee myself. It’s blood.

There’s blood pooled around me on the sheets. Blood all over my legs.

I give a small cry and leap out of bed. My head spins and I grab the wall to steady myself. Blood is dripping down my legs. I run to the upstairs bathroom and vomit violently into the sink.

Shakily I walk back to the bedroom, ignoring the blood that’s on the floor. I pick up my wand and cast a patronus spell. I pause, unsure what my message should be or who I should send it to.

“Help,” I breath. My patronus leaps out the window and I sink to my knees. My head is pounding and my breath coming in rasps. I wait, listening for any sign of a response to my message. I don’t know who it will go to, if anyone. I didn’t cast the spell properly, so I don’t know if it will even work.

I slump against the wall and hold my stomach, begging my baby to be okay.

“We’ll be okay,” I say out loud, “we’ll be okay…”

“Maddie?”

I force my eyes to stay open as I hear the front door slam shut. I want to call out, but my voice seems to have disappeared.

“Maddie!”

The voice is closer this time. I know that voice. But who’s is it?

“Oh, no!”

The bedroom door flies open and Daddy is kneeling beside me.

“What happened?” he asks, looking at the blood. I shake my head slightly.

“Okay, it’ll be alright, come on,” he says gently lifting me. My head flops onto his shoulder. I see the house disappear and then we’re in a noisy, busy place. I don’t like the noise. It makes me feel panicky.

I hear someone scream from nearby and Dad’s voice yelling. We’re moving quickly down a hallway. People are shouting. Something falls to the floor and shatters. I’m lowered onto a bed. Dad’s face swims above me.

“Hold on,” he says, “hold on.”