Ch. 26 - Birthday, last mission and returning

Time with Takeshi passed pretty quickly. Before I knew it was already our 10th day together. We were in a cabin in a small mountain village. We reached it that day and decided to stay... Well, Takeshi decided to stay until tomorrow, considering that I really had no word in stuff like that. Not that I cared. Apparently he was a little tired from our last mission and said that he could teach me a new wind release justu today. At first I wasn't really sure about the way he trained me but now I already figured that I was actually getting stronger with his help. My moves with my two fans were better, just like my taijutsu, Wind release ninjutsu and genjutsus.  

I didn't manage to master the jutsu that he wanted to teach me yet but he said that this wasn't strange because even he needed a week to learn it. He still told me that it was enough training for today. Now I was sitting on my bed and counting days while he was somewhere outside. I wasn't completely sure where he was or what he was doing but that also wasn't strange, considering that when he went somewhere without me he never told me anything about it.  

Suddenly my eyes widened in realisation. '' Today is my birthday! I'm thirteen now! '' I was a little sad because I couldn't celebrate it with my friends but I didn't let that slow me down. At least Takeshi was here... Well, not currently, but he was going to come back from the town later... So it was better to be at least with him than alone.

I jumped from my bed and sprinted in the kitchen. I instantly decided that even if I won't get a party with my friends I'll at least cook something good for dinner.  

When Takeshi came back the whole cabin smelled better than the ramen shop in Konoha. His head looked inside the kitchen and stopped at me, just standing on a footstool in front of the stove.  

'' What are you doing, brat? '' he emotionlessly asked.  

I turned at him with a grin on my face. '' Cooking dinner. ''  

His eyes slightly sparkled for a second. Yup, he was another one of those people that completely adored my cooking. Then a smirk appeared on his face. '' Any special reason why are you cooking such good stuff, brat? ''  

Takeshi and I had a weird relationship. In a weird way we were 'friends'... Really weird way... It was just complicated. I was pretty sure that I didn't annoy him as much as I used to because I was actually useful in a fight and sometimes he showed me a real proud smile when I mastered something that he taught me.  

'' My birthday! Didn't I already tell you a thousand times that it's my birthday today? '' I asked, staring at him with a slight frown on my face.  

He carelessly shrugged, smirking. '' I don't really listen most of the time that you talk. ''  

When he saw the disappointed expression on my face his smirk even widened.  

'' Just kidding. I remembered this. Mostly because you reminded me about 1000 times every day but still... '' he said.  

I looked at him with a hopeful expression on my face. '' You remembered? ''  

He nodded and began searching through his pocket. Then he pulled something out of it and hid it in his big hand. '' Since you became my... What did you call it again? Sidekick? '' I nodded with a smile on my face and he thoughtfully continued: '' Well, since you became my sidekick and that day when we fought against Deidara and Sasori... Do you know how the people in the village called you when I told them that you were the one that made the giant flowers that protected their homes? The pink flower ninja. ''  

'' The pink flower ninja... '' I slowly repeated. Then a grin appeared on my face. '' Yay! I got a cool nickname! '' I began doing a happy dance and almost fell of the footstool I was standing on.