Cheering Charms and Lies

It has been approximately a whole week since Draco Black and Harry Potter took refuge in 12 Grimauld Place. The week was spent, undeniably, uneventful. They had been working on all their summer reading and homework, and were currently reading through some of the Black's library books, but they hadn't talked that much due to the depressing aura.

"That's it!" Draco exclaimed while slamming his book.

"I am so tired of feeling like I live in the same house as a dementor!" He then shoved the book back in its original place. Harry, on the other hand, silently marked his page, and closed the book. He then walked up stairs to his room without muttering a word. This puzzled Draco.

"Harry! Are you ignoring me?" Then a couple minutes later, Harry emerged in the library again, this time holding his 2nd year charms textbook, and flipped some pages. He stopped on a certain page, then shoved the book in Draco's hand, while pointing his wand at the page labeled 'Cheering Charms.'

Draco was skeptical, "Are you sure a 2nd year Cheering Charm can fix... all this." He then gestured all around him. "And why are you not talking?" Harry shook his head.

"I've been in this house more than once, and after awhile, it doesn't really give you the strength or will to socialize." Harry said rather dully. "We can try charming each other, then we can see if it works on the house." Harry suggested. Draco sat the book down, took out his wand, and said the incantation, while pointing his wand at Harry.

"Better?"

"Better."

"All right, my turn." Harry then proceeded to charm Draco.

"How do you feel?"

"I feel good." Draco said with a content smile. "Know let's see if it working on the house."

Draco pointed his wand up in the air, and yelled the incantation. But instead of making the house cheery, it broke a small piece of the ceiling. The little chunk fell down on Draco's head.

"Bollocks." Draco said as he shook the dusty debris out of his hair. The two then plopped down in their chairs again, and Harry used a simple 'Reparo' to fix the ceiling. The two then started levitating books from the shelf to them, so they could see of the Black's owned any positive books. Harry was the first to break the silence.

"Draco, The Black family was a seriously dark arts orientated family. They made the house gloomy for a reason. I don't think they'd keep a book on how to restore the house in their own library."

"Then where do you suppose we go?" Draco huffed, while putting away his books.

"How about we go to Flourish and Blotts? They are bound to have something there about making houses happy." Harry then whipped his wand out, and turned Draco in a red-eyed, red-head, and gave him a Swedish accent. Since Draco was going to keep up his red persona for school, he needed to have the Swedish accent when they went out in public, so if they met anyone from school, they would buy the story. Then lastly for Draco, Harry put a light Glamour on his wand so it looked hand made.

Then Draco gave Harry white, vela-looking hair, pale skin, and bright purple eyes.

"Draco." Harry drawed innocently, "Can you let me try out the shrinking charm on you please?"

The past couple of days, Harry wanted to look taller than Draco, so he kept on asking for Draco's permission to use a shrinking spell to make him shorter.

"Fine, but only a couple centimeters. I'm not going to be turned into a dwarf." And with Draco's confirmation, Harry shrunk him 5 centimeters. Then Draco pulled out his wand, and made Harry grow 7 centimeters. Harry looked at the difference, and smiled.