19~From Their Ashes Will Come Our Victory

Vincenzo abandons Piper and walks over to me. "Look," he growled. "If this is going to work then-"

   I snorted and edged away from him, "There is nothing to work out."

   He snarled at me, "I need you to stay out of trouble, so that baby can be my heir. And don't pick fights with the other packs, we merged."

   "What if it's a girl?" I challenged.

   "It won't be." he glared at me with golden eyes. He trailed back to Piper and whispered words to her. She cast a curious look in my direction and left. Vincenzo sat in the seat across from me, still staring at the back of his love.

   "I used to love someone too." I spoke hesitantly. "I gave him everything I had and I loved him like you love her."

   This pikes his curiosity. "Didn't know you were capable of love."

   "He was my everything. I was eighteen and a fool. He rejected his mate for me and I thought that it was the ultimate act of love." I stared at him. "I was too blinded to realize what an atrocity it was. A mockery. She ran away and I was dropped like a parasite." I laughed humorlessly.

   He cocked his head, "Was he your first?" 

   I almost whimpered at the memories. "No."

   He frowned, "How old were you when you first did it."

   I looked straight into his golden eyes, "Fifteen." I stood, unwilling to face his judgement.

   He looked at me with pain, the first hint of emotion in his eyes that I've seen. "I saved myself for you. For a girl I had never even met."

   I glanced at him, "I'm sorry for being a disappointment."

   ~

   ~

   I went on a run along Vincenzo's borders. Green fields sped across my vision as I picked up speed. Time held no bounds. I felt free, unstoppable, euphoric. 

   The fifteen year old girl cocked an eyebrow at the boy. "You're a vampire?" she mocked.

   Achlys batted her hand away, "I am. You're a werewolf, so why is this so hard to believe."

   Araceli scoffed and slipped away, "I'm gonna go find Liam." 

   Achlys frowned, "That douche? He's bad news, Ara. Don't get mixed up with him."

   She ignored him and ran towards the gym, where she knew her boyfriend would be waiting. His smirking face greeted her. She jumped into his warm arms and buried her face into his neck. "I missed you."

   He hummed in reply and kissed her gently on the lips. "My parents aren't home." he grinned.

   Araceli shyly pressed her face into his chest, "Liam, you know I'm not ready."

   He shrugged and kissed her neck, pushing her against the wall of the gym. "Come on, it'll be fun." he begged.

   She shrugged, "I don't know..."

   He tensed, "At least meet me there, we'll just watch movies."

   I winced when the memories filtered through. Shaking the thoughts were hard when everything surrounding me reminded me of him. I snarled at the bushes when they rustled. Narrowing my eyes, I approached cautiously. A wolf jumped out of the bushes and enclosed her claws around my throat. I hissed and threw the large wolf off of me. My sister.

   The wolf howled as her friends circled me. The closest one to me lunged and bit into my healing shoulder. Astrid was a blur as she grabbed a hold of my sweater and dragged me outside the pack borders. I threw her of me with a growl. "You little bitch." I huffed.

   She let out a wild growl and shifted. One of her friends tossed her a bag of white powder. I barked out a laugh through the pain, "I'm all for bonding, but do we have to do it over Coca1ne?" I hissed sarcastically. 

   Red lips hushed me, "Shut up, sister, lest I rip out your tongue." She motioned for one of the wolves to pounce on me. Towering over me, the brown wolf slashed its claws down my leg. I shouted in pain as he went deeper. I cried out and gripped my leg. 

   Astrid smirked and poured the white powder around my body. "What the fuck." I gasped out. 

   She raised her head and shifted, walking away with the rest of the wolves. I could already feel myself bleeding out. What was this, the third time? The fourth? Astrid had taken her second step in revenge. I attempted to crawl out of the circle, but couldn't move past the white powder. "Magic coca!ne?" I questioned to empty air. 

   A loud crack was heard through the clearing. I weakly raised my head to see a group of girls. They nodded to each other and sped over to me. I hissed when one of them came into contact with my shoulder. "How did you get through the powder?" I wheezed out. 

   The tallest of them looked at me somberly, "We are immune to it. Witches cannot harm the Canus." 

   I made a move to protest as they picked me up, "There is no such thing." I said. 

   The one with black hair gazed at me, "Hush, sister. Sleep. The queen will help you."

~

   I woke up to a stone room and fussing maids. A portly woman grasped my hand, "Get into this dress, the party is happening soon. Your wounds are healed, we must get you ready." 

   I checked my shoulder and leg, no signs of previous wounds, not even a scar. This wasn't my advanced healing, but something else entirely. I allowed the handmaiden to do my hair and put me into a silver gown. "The Silver Lupus." she murmured respectfully and bowed. I shrugged off the crazy woman and looked in the mirror. Dark red lipstick was painted onto my lips, along with defined brows and eyeliner. I raised my head at the reflection and stepped outside. The girls that had found me were each dressed in blue, save for the tallest, who was dressed in black. 

   They ushered me into a room where hundreds of wolves knelt to a woman in white. She raised her head in acknowledgment when we came in. I growled slightly when the girl in black pushed me onto the stage in the center where a man in a brown suit sat. The woman in white spoke to the crowded arena of wolves. "I am not an alpha, I am not a luna. I am not one to stand by as we all get slaughtered. I am your salvation. We have lost everything. Our lives were destroyed because of one man. That one man tore apart our packs, slaughtered our families. And for what? Land. Power. That is what our lives mean to him! Nothing. Vincenzo Erebus is a monster that must be put down! And now we have found the key to his demise." she turned to me. "The Silver Lupus, capable of bringing him down! we have found another member of the chosen, Araceli." 

   I hesitantly stood up, unsure of what was going on. The woman in white continued, "We will destroy his pack and anyone else that stands in our way! From their ashes will come our victory. Hail Canus." she shouted with fire in her eyes. 

   This was no ordinary wolf hell bent on revenge. This was a queen in her own right. The wolves gathered howled, "Hail Canus."

A/N: I actually really like this chapter. I don't exactly know what's going on, but it was fun to write. More will be explained soon.