Chapter 17: The Many Confrontations

Chapter 17

The Many Confrontations

~Camp Half-Blood, Long Island South~

|| Nico Di Angelo||

Upon teleporting out of that room, we all landed in front of the entrance. Percy already ahead of us by a few steps, his cloak billowing behind him as we follow in the same formation as we had back in Olympus. We could see we're already attracting other campers who, I'm guessing, didn't know we were coming. Percy stopped in the middle, for a brief moment I considered asking him what was wrong when I heard hooves thumping which signals the arrival of our former mentor.

Chiron walked past the crowd of students who made a path for him as he comes by. When he got to us, he stopped dead. All color drained from his face as he took each and every one of his fallen, now risen, campers. When he faced Percy head on, there it was; the emotions I've been seeing on everyone's faces ever since we returned to this planet. The regret and shame and guilt. I didn't have to look at Percy to know his expression, I've been at his side for far too long that I could just easily tell from the slope of his shoulders.

"What in the Gods' name is happening?" The former mentor finally asked after a moment of silence in shock, when no one had spoken, from his side and ours.

Percy stood impossibly straighter, "We're here to aid you in the upcoming war. As you were not in the meeting, I will leave all the details that need explaining to your campers who are well on their way back. In the meantime, we will be taking setting up our fortress somewhere in between both camps. Good day." He only nodded and continued walking. There was no falter in his step or a crack in his voice. He was truly treating this mission as if it was regular and not as if he's not back to the planet that gave him so much suffering. There was no weakness.

Not that I blame him. He has all the right.

Chiron turned to us with a questioning look. I look to Silas who simply nodded grimly. I took a step forward, representing the Army. "We're the Army of the Universes, Chiron. We serve under the command of Percy as he is our commander under the power of Chaos, the Creator. There is a war brewing and the Gods have asked us to help you and prepare you for the war."

"I do know about the war," Chiron said, "What I want to know is how did this happen?" He asked, looking pointedly at everyone behind me.

"That is not an information you need to know, Chiron," I responded stiffly, "If you'll excuse us."

We silently headed to the direction our commander had gone, who is no doubt, had started working on the cabin we would have. As we walk, the other soldiers had begun conversations to themselves while I was invested in seeing the new changes. They weren't much from what I could tell, but I could sense the change. Atmospheric and appearance-wise.

Percy had tried to pass it off the day we got the news. He made it seem light-hearted and an easy job but I know him better than that. This would not be easy, not when he's helping the people who he trusted had betrayed him and the fact that these couple centuries had not been easy for him and had caused previous wounds to open. I'm his best friend, for crying out loud. He should know better than to lie to me, but if he wants some privacy about it then so be it.

What I don't understand however is why is he trying to hide such important information. I've only caught snippets of Percy and Chaos' conversation. I have no exact proof but I know there is something bigger, much bigger than this. Something they're not telling everyone.

I stared at the direction where the rumble had begun, not soon after, a cabin that is the same size, perhaps bigger, as the Big House. That's to be expected, though, he is, after all, the prince of the Universe.