The Last Dance (6)

Comment and vote? 

xo. 

***************************************************************

Chapter 6 - Confused

John's POV

What just happened?

We were actually getting along for a while there, and then... Did I say something? And how come she wants me to call her Cece again? After all the years she's gotten mad at me for calling her that, I finally listen and she changes her mind. And now she thinks I was being nice on a bet?

Alright, this confirms it. Celia is crazy.

Yup, I knew it all along, I mean really, I have no idea what just happened, but she's really not that bad... not that I would ever tell her that.

I guess things were getting kind of intense...

But she didn't have to freak out like that.

Girls.

I sighed, no way I was figuring this out anytime soon.

"Prince Johnathan! Is that you?"

I turned to see one of the palace workers running towards me. Wasn't that Celia's friend? Mildrid, or something... was something wrong with her?

"Yes..."

"Millie, my Prince" She said with a curtsy.

"Ah yes, Millie, what is it, is Celia alright?"

"Celia, your Highness?" She looked at me in confusion.

I sighed "Sorry never mind, what was it you wanted?"

"Your parents, their Royal Highnesses, have asked to see you in the throne room"

Oh, it was just the parents. What would they want so late?

I thanked Millie and headed inside. The halls were empty of their usual bustle which was somewhat of a blessing, I wasn't particularly up to seeing anyone right now. Unless I was to run into Celia...

No, stop thinking of her, she's the one who ran out on you. Yes exactly, in fact, she should apologize for being such a... girl.

In fact, I should demand an explanation, the least she could do is tell me why she's suddenly so upset. But being a girl I'm sure she'll expect me to know what's wrong.  

Ugh.

Girls.

As I reached the throne room two men walked out bowing to me on the way. I nodded to them and continued in to see my parents and Celia's father sitting around the fire place. They looked pretty relaxed so I assumed nothing bad was going on.

"Ah, John there you are, did you see those two gentlemen who just left here?"

"Yes Father, I did"

"They came here from Fief Newberry. It seems there have been some problems. Nothing serious of course, just some routine mediation"

"I see, and you're going to be gone for a few days?"

Why was he telling me he was leaving anyway?

"No son, you're going."

What did he just say? I must have heard wrong. "Sorry, I thought you said I would be going."

"You are. You're going to be King one day and this is the kind of thing you'll be expected to take care of, just think of this as field experience."