Chapter 109- Doubts

I woke up feeling refreshed for the first time in a long time. I crawled out of bed, leaving Daryl to snore by himself.

I went into the prison area to see Tayler and Merle socializing. It wouldn't be that much of a shock to me besides the fact that Tayler hasn't said anything at all, and that they were holding hands.

I frowned and blinked rapidly, I stared at their intertwined fingers and I cleared my throat.

They quickly released their grasp and jumped away from each other. "Have a crush on Tayler Merle?" I asked, walking towards them.

Merle twitched his lip and Tayler blushed. "Were all gonna die anyways, I might as well die happy." Merle commented.

"Careful Merle." I warned, picking up a bottle of water. "Oh come on girly, I ain't gonna do nothin. It ain't my fault blondie over here's got a thing for me." Merle replied.

I rolled my eyes and chugged back the water. "Whatever Merle, get her to talk and you have my blessing." I muttered.

"Does he have your blessing now?" Tayler asked, her voice coming out strong and loud.

I choked on the water from surprise and Merle howled with laughter as I gasped for oxygen.

"Y-you talked!" I exclaimed, Tayler laughed and scratched her arm. "She talks, just not round you." Merle mocked.

I narrowed my eyes and cleared my throat "What? Why?" I asked, a part of my heart throbbing from hurt.

"Jason." Merle replied. I sighed and stepped towards Tayler. "Tayler," I stared.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't want him to sacrifice himself. I swear, he just did it with out thinking." I explained.

Tayler nodded and looked down at the ground. "It's not your fault, I guess I'm just upset." She whispered.

I nodded slowly and looked at her messy blonde hair. "He told me to say that he loves you, and that he'll always be with you." I whispered.

Tayler smiled and glanced over at Merle "I know that." She said quietly.

"Merle saved me, I was bleeding out." Tayler said quickly.!

"Why were you bleeding out?" I asked concerned. "You don't see her face? She got in a fight, with Jenny." Merle answered.

"Jenny?!" I yelled. "I had to leave the prison, the walkers kept coming. I made it outside and came across Jenny and Merle." Tayler said calmly.

"Jenny beat the shit out of me, ditched me by the side of the road. I thought I was a gonner." Tayler mumbled.

"Merle came back and took me to some cabin. Fixed me up so I wasn't dying. Then he left, told me he was coming back." Tayler continued.

"I went back for her, she wasn't there." Merle grumbled, Tayler nodded and looked into my eyes.

"A group came by, two girls, two boys and a young boy. They made me come with them so they could help me, then we got attacked by walkers." Tayler replied.

"Made it all the way back here. Then Rick scared them off, with his shouting." Tayler muttered.

"His shouting?" I asked, she nodded "Ya, he told them to get out then he pulled a gun. Glenn got them out in time though." Tayler answered.

"Poor Rick." I whispered before picking up a jar of half empty peanut butter. Merle laughed and sat down at the table.

"Ya poor officer friendly, Can't get his shit together eh girly?" Merle commented.

"Rick's a good man Merle, you'd see that if you shut your mouth every once in a while." I said clearly.

"Listen here girly, I ain't no body's bitch like my lil bro. I say what I want and their ain't anyone that's gonna stop me." Merle replied.

"Their you go again! Why do you have to hurt your brother! Daryl's a good man, and I love him! If you can't respect him you won't get very far in here!" I snapped.

Merle looked at a lost for words for a second, that was a new one. Merle always had some sassy or inconsiderate comment ready.

Tayler, who had stayed silent the entire conversation stepped towards me. "You've made your point, I think we need some more food. Can you and Daryl go on a hunt?" Tayler asked.

I nodded and left to go to our room. I lightly kicked Daryl in the ass, waiting impatiently for him to get up.

"Come on, let's go." I said as I pulled the blanket off of him. Daryl groaned and crawled out of bed.

"Were going hunting." I announced as he threw on a fresh shirt. "Why?" He growled as he picked up his crossbow.

"For food, duh." I replied. Daryl rolled his eyes and we walked out of the room.

"We taken Merle?" Daryl asked as we walked into the prison common room.

"No, Hershel, Tayler, Glenn and Maggie can handle him." I reassured. "Sure that's a good idea?" Daryl asked.

I nodded and traded my sword for a bow and arrows. "Let's go." I said, heading for the door and ignoring Daryl's doubts about his brother.