36th Chapter ♣ Out of Energy

"The True Heir will always have golden wings."

Chapter Thirty-Six ♣ Out of Energy

Days at Celeste Academy were everything except boring. Without even realizing, weeks had gone by. Valeriana's life hadn't gone any faster before. Her days were filled with so much work to do—stress, pressure, and excitement at the same time. She was surprisingly able to catch up with most of the classes, and every now and then, there would be unexpected things coming up from every corner. To be able to enter a mysterious world never seemed so exhilarating.

The attitude of the other students towards her changed. After winning the duel with Zion, she was regarded with more respect than before. The circle still treated her as if she was their slave but the work they were asking her to do grew lesser and lesser each day.

Despite all these trials and obstacles, there was still something good that came along occasionally. After spending almost a month, she enjoyed having so much work to do. Her assignments were all piled up and, with her position in the Celestial Circle, she barely had time to rest. Even so, this did not stop her. She found being busy was somewhat enjoyable.

There was one time that Corvan had shoved her into the training yard to test her skill in archery—to be trained by Brindon—and the most obvious fault of hers was having a bad aim. The first few times, she never even had the chance to shoot the arrow properly. It kept falling from her fingers whenever she would try to fire it. It seemed that the first-ranker could not bear to watch any longer. The young lord did not honestly understand the extent of the twelfth's patience, but it was astounding. He had to come over and show her everything himself.

After Brindon demonstrated the proper stance, she tried shooting the target. However, she fired past the goal and barely missed Raziel. The sixth-ranker had screamed his throats out complaining about being hurt and having his flawless skin wounded. Putting that aside, Valeriana certainly needed some work on her skills.

Dressed in the proper attire, Valeriana aimed for the target and fired her arrow with shaky hands. Corvan observed her shot closely and saw that her arrow failed to hit the target. Valeriana disappointedly broke her stance and placed her hands on her knees while breathing in deeply through her mouth.

"Can you not even give a proper aim? This will be much harder on horseback," Corvan stated as he folded his arms. "Well, I guess this is a nice improvement. The first time, you cannot even shoot the arrow properly."

"Not," Brindon agreed, dropping the hand that held the bow to his side.

Valeriana was only about to have her first month of stay in Valemnia. It was unbelievable to think that time flew by so fast. She had been undergoing training eighteen hours every day and even during weekends, she was expected to make progress in her studies.

Since she was not really good at memorizing the names and different terms, seeing as they had hard and weird words, she needed to put in more effort than usual.

Though it was obvious that she was bad at something at first, she improved fast. This might be because of Corvan helping her. She would admit that she was an idiot, but not totally. It was nice knowing her hard work was paying off.

"I already showed you the proper stance for this, right? How many times do I have to tell you to balance your weight? Also, fix your arms." Corvan adjusted her arms to a lower position, as if straightening it. "Your arms are too tensed. You can't be reckless here. The thing most important about archery is accuracy."