Chapter 6

This chapter got deleted so I had to re-write it. Originally it was longer  but whatever I had fun both times I wrote it !! ( • ̀ω•́ )✧ Wattpad you cannot break my perseverance!! So, anyway, Lovies I hope you enjoy my chapter 6!!

Katsu P.O.V

I watch as (Y/n) cuddles into my arms. She had fallen asleep to my humming. My heart feels like its going to explode at how fast it's going.

She's hugging me. She's actually touching me.

I repeat over and over in my head. I have to pinch myself because I think I'm dreaming. Just a few days ago we were just sitting a few feet away and now she just a few inches! I would leap for joy but I don't want to wake her.

Swiftly picking her up bridal style I head over to my apartment complex across the street. I lived with my mother but she would probably be too out of it to realize I brought home a guest.

Looking up at my bedroom window I could still remember the first time I saw (Y/n). It was an early summer morning last year. Mother had brought one of her regulars from the bar home the night before. She worked as a cocktail waitress at a less the reliable Dive downtown and was always coming home in the pale hours of the morning. I woke up to the sound of screaming and crying. The man she had brought home was beating her senseless with whatever he could get his hands on. I stood there as I watched his all happen. I watched as he grabbed her by the wrist and flung her across the room. Her head slammed onto the stone floor of the fireplace, knocking her unconscious. The man reached for her again with a look of unsavory desire and I knew I had to stop him. My memory doesn't remember much after that except for the feeling of hot water rinsing cold blood off my hands. The feeling of a smile pulling me lips up in a shaky resolute way.

My mother and I never saw that man ever again and I don't think we ever will. I knew what I did even with the gap in my memory. It made me feel powerful. I could defeat and defend myself. I have control.

After depositing my mother in her bed I slinked back into my room. I enjoyed sewing, as weird as that sounded. It would calm me down from any fit of distress. I began working on a stuffed elephant, my favorite animal. I sat next to my window that looked out into the street below. Nothing ever happened so when I saw movement on in an adjacent window I looked outside. There she (or he) was. I couldn't take my eyes off her (e/c)ed ones. She didn't notice me staring as she was engrossed with drawing a man passing on the street. She(He) was perfect. I knew she went to my school from the uniform hanging up behind her. (From now on I'm just going to write her because it's easier but if you're a boy just ignore it (꒪⌓꒪) )

How could she have gone to my school and I've never seen her before? The light radiating from what can only be a halo was almost blinding. She was an angel! I had to have her. I saw her door be kicked in and a man, probably in his mid-twenties, starts yelling at her. Or I think that's what he was doing because his jowls flap furiously as he opens his mouth in an aggressive way. The man just stands outside her room, never walking in.

The angel jumps in surprise then her face flushes a nice scarlet shade at his words. I would later find out her name was (Y/n) and the man was her brother, Haruki. I tried learning everything about her. From her favorite color to the family life.

As I look down at her now I realize that my hard work finally paid off. She will fall in love with me and we'll live happily away from everyone else. (Y/n) still sleeps soundly in my arms so I place her gently on my bed. My mother isn't home yet but it's still too early for her shift so she much is working her over 'job'. I know we didn't need to extra cash so I don't know why she still worked the corner.

"Uh...wa...wait, where...are you going, H...aruki?" (Y/n) whispers in her sleep. I brush aside her fly away hairs and kiss her cheek.

"Ssshh. You're ok. You're ok. I'll never let him hurt you ever again." As I say this I trace the obvious red hand mark along her fragile throat.

I clench my fist in absolute fury. How could he raise a hand against his own sister; against what is mine! For (Y/n) sake I hope she sleeps a little bit longer. I know she loved her brother and the news of his death will surely upset her. But I have to kill him. I have to. I have to.

It's the only way I can sleep well at night, knowing that no one will harm (Y/n). She will learn that I'm the only one that will ever love her as strongly as I do right now. I know she will understand later.

I walk over to my dresser and push aside so of my shirts to reveal on of my many knives stashed around the house. Though I choose this one because of the serrated edge. The wicked curve of the blade matches my smile as I begin my walk over to (Y/n) old house.